• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blkrex

Mar 11, 2013
    I picked up a Mauser HSc today with holster and 2 mags. I looked up some info on it, but it was not that much. sn is 714xxx, and match everywhere but the electro pen marking under the fwd end of the slide. All other stamped marking match. There are no military/police proof markings, making it a commercial model, but there is no proof marking on the other side from the factory, that confuses me. The inside of the holster has a nazi stamp, but it looks very crisp and makes me think it was faked. If anyone has any info, or a good website i would appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_20140208_184829_896.jpg
      IMG_20140208_184829_896.jpg
      56.6 KB · Views: 184
    • IMG_20140208_184751_007.jpg
      IMG_20140208_184751_007.jpg
      80 KB · Views: 177
    • IMG_20140208_111359_693.jpg
      IMG_20140208_111359_693.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 169

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Well I can tell you this the WaA 170 waffenampt is associated with the HSU and the code was used thru 1944. It is rather crisp so if it is fake the faker took the time to find the associated year and code for the stamp,they usually don't get them right in my experience.

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Do a search for WaA 170 stamps all the ones I have seen have the WaA 170 curved around the swaz, yours are in a straight line.

blkrex

Mar 11, 2013
    Thanks. I paid $600. Even if it is a fake stamp, i am still happy. It is a very nice wwII era gun.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Fair, my father got one of those. Nice pistol at some point I may need to snag one.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I picked up a Mauser HSc today with holster and 2 mags. I looked up some info on it, but it was not that much. sn is 714xxx, and match everywhere but the electro pen marking under the fwd end of the slide. All other stamped marking match. There are no military/police proof markings, making it a commercial model, but there is no proof marking on the other side from the factory, that confuses me. The inside of the holster has a nazi stamp, but it looks very crisp and makes me think it was faked. If anyone has any info, or a good website i would appreciate it.

Should be enough good pictures of confirmed examples to validate authenticity. Just in personal experience I've found items from the WWII era that were both factory fresh as well as highly used. So much production dedicated to the military efforts on all sides that a ton of stuff just sat unused.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'd take photos over to Jan Still's forum on GB where the German experts reside. If memory serves I'd expect early HSc holsters to be ink stamped and later examples to have die stamped marks found on the end/tip of the closure strap. But I'm no holster expert, those guys are. Worth the effort to validate.
    Beautiful HSc! Thanks for sharing with us. Nice to meet yet another German .32 collector on MDS!

blkrex

Mar 11, 2013
    Thanks, What is GB? I posted it to mauserguns.com too. Just waiting for someone to weigh in over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom