• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    This class will be held at the Bridgeville rifle and gun club in Bridgeville DE. on August 4-7. Let me know if you have any interest.

MAG-40:
    This is an intense, four-day, 40-hour immersion course in the “rules of engagement” for armed law-abiding private citizens. The course emphasizes legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers, threat recognition and mind-set, and the management of the social and psychological aftermath of having to use lethal force in defense of self or others. Also covered is preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing your exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered. Range work will include instruction in the use of the defensive handgun under extreme stress. Drawing from concealment, two-handed stances, shooting from cover, one-handed stances with either hand, speed reloading, and more are taught with an overall emphasis on fast, accurate shot placement. The course will culminate with a written examination covering the classroom topics and a police-style handgun qualification course. This course is a blending of MAG 20 / Classroom and MAG 20 / Live Fire but is taught over 4 – 5 days. Be prepared to shoot on the first day.

Prerequisite: basic understanding of firearms safety.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    :smoke: i did this last year. to all who have shot IDPA, this is IDPA on steroids, including the orientation, which is several hours of class time. you cannot record unless you do it analogue--written notes. it would help if you are ambidextrous in writing as the info comes fast and you almost need to know shorthand.

as far as COST, you will be awarded benefits that no other carry permit holder has here, trust me, you will benefit GREATLY.

my SHOOTING experience with this course and why i had to go to a back up gun, you'll love it, maybe.

i intended to use my ruger, sr1911 to qualify in this course. ahhh, murphy's law said otherwise. on day three, the day before we were to qualify, i was in my second string at 7 yards when my front sight literally EXPLODED before my very eyes. a kazillion pieces of metal went to the wind, puff. without notifying anyone, i continued to shoot the course when "mike" ayoob's assistant trainer came over to me and ask what the ef i was doing? i shrugged, and he pointed out i was shooting without a front sight and massad was gonna tell me to use my back up for qualification the next day. i shrugged and said i rather use the single action trigger over the double/single action of my CZ-75B. massad came over and saw the situation and said, "son, yer gonna have to up your game--use your back up." three days into the quals and now i have to go with a mushy trigger. i went back to the hotel, i guess you could say my dry-fire practice lasted for a very lengthy time. plus i had to read all the stuff for the class test.

alert IWB folks, if you do this course you WILL get 2nd degree burns on your hip/ass. i did.

when i sent my gun back to ruger to replace the front sight, i did not clean the gun for evidence that i was "just shooting it". the muzzle was black from the soot, the middle of the slide was blueish and the last 3/4 of it was yellow. if anyone here knows how heat affects stainless, you can imagine how hot the slide was.

i sent the gun back on the ruger fedex account on thursday, and it was returned to me, factory cleaned and a new solid steel front sight post, with a letter of explanation as to the flaw in the original front sight configuration. i received the gun on the next tuesday, thursday to tuesday turn around time was pretty damn impressive.

the reason i am writing this is to prepare you for what you are about to experience. to the uninformed, watch a you tube video, and try to take accurate notes, for if you miss one I-ota of what mas says, you could be in jail for a while. as far as my gun failing, i scored well with the CZ, a score of 98%. another gun locked up during the qualification (it was an ed brown, i think), and as you could imagine, the shooter was pissed his $3,000.00 gun couldn't out perform my ruger. :smoke: ayoob can look into your soul, honest.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I took the mag 40 a couple years ago near OC.

If you're on the fence about the time or iffy on the cost, get off it and find the money, find the time and make it happen. You won't regret it. Mas delivers a ton of information, and has quite the sense of humor considering the topics being discussed.

All said and done it cost me around $1500 and it was worth every penny. Bring a notebook and a few spare pens. I took over 40 pages of notes in 4 days.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To put into perspective,the equivalent LFI I was $500 25yr ago, so allowing for inflation, is a great deal.

And yes, I give highest recommendations.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The Cost for the mag40 class is $ 800 for the class. Then you'll have motel and expenses. Might want to bring the wife so she can go to the beach. About 25 minutes away. She can get a tan and you can shoot.

whitegsx

Jul 14, 2015
    Forgive me if this post comes across twice as I logged I , responded and when I hit post is said I wasn't logged in so this .may be a duplicate.

Mag40 drop dead date is based on seat reservations. Maximum of 25 - currently we have 13 who have reserved seats held by a deposit of 400.00 or payment in full of 800.00,. Go to:
    Bville-rifle-pistol.org on the right side of the page is the mag40 link with the basic info and application. The hardest part of the application is providing the proof you are a "good" person. The application must be furnished before the class and is not necessary to reserve a seat, payment does that. At the bottom is the PayPal link for making a credit card payment.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    This is one of the best, if not the best firearms or self defense or life lessons courses I ever completed.

Even two years later, I often return to the approximately 40 pages of course notes I took to refresh my recollection or further understand what I was taught in context of new questions and events.

If you carry a tool for self defense, including LEOs, this course is crucial for your education and self preservation.

I am not compensated in any way for this unsolicited endorsement, except by people that say thank you after taking the course.

FPF

Apr 20, 2013
    Just wrapped up MAG-20 yesterday. There's a reason why Mas has been atop that pyramid for 35 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom