• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Going full stupid post Bruin like other states like NY, IL, CA, NJ will land them in Court
    Makes me wonder, though. We are a nation of laws using COTUS as a framework. When things go wrong, they are taken to court. A judge or panel rules and we accept the rulings because we agree on the concept of following the law and COTUS.

But what really is there to stop states from ignoring SCOTUS rulings? The Justices aren't issued Lawgivers. State politicians aren't held liable for their violations. Doesn't any enforcement require the DoJ to get involved? FJB's DoJ?

What truly gets the states to conform? For us peasants it's jailtime and garnished wages. I'm unaware of anything for the states and a weak-willed federal gov. won't charge any politician.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Makes me wonder, though. We are a nation of laws using COTUS as a framework. When things go wrong, they are taken to court. A judge or panel rules and we accept the rulings because we agree on the concept of following the law and COTUS.

But what really is there to stop states from ignoring SCOTUS rulings? The Justices aren't issued Lawgivers. State politicians aren't held liable for their violations. Doesn't any enforcement require the DoJ to get involved? FJB's DoJ?

What truly gets the states to conform? For us peasants it's jailtime and garnished wages. I'm unaware of anything for the states and a weak-willed federal gov. won't charge any politician.
    There is absolutely zero we can do about state or local governments ignoring SCOTUS. Except voting them out of office.

We are not a country of laws and never have been. We are a country of political will and always will be.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Going full stupid post Bruin like other states like NY, IL, CA, NJ will land them in Court
    yeah but with almost zero consequences. so they retract their unconstitutional laws and enact slightly different unconstitutional laws, and then we wait ten months to ten years for those to be overturned, etc etc etc.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    President Eisenhower sending 101st Airborne to Little Rock to enforce school desegregation.
    It's actually better than that. Ike federalized the Arkansas National Guard (preempting local control), told them to enforce desegregation and sent the 101st to point their guns at the Arkansas NG.

Without a cooperating president, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court would have to call up an army of US Marshals

This has been asked before and the answer is nothing. There is nothing that could stop a state from ignoring a supreme Court ruling. There's also nothing at that point from citizens ignoring the state law. This is how anarchy starts. If the state of Maryland were to start ignoring supreme Court rulings the only options and the only action we would have is to ignore the state. I don't think there's very many here that are willing to do that. They would comply

owldo

Ultimate Member

This is an excellent argument for the need of the 2nd Amendment !

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This has been asked before and the answer is nothing. There is nothing that could stop a state from ignoring a supreme Court ruling. There's also nothing at that point from citizens ignoring the state law. This is how anarchy starts. If the state of Maryland were to start ignoring supreme Court rulings the only options and the only action we would have is to ignore the state. I don't think there's very many here that are willing to do that. They would comply

You might be pleasantly surprised at the level of quiet non-compliance.

But you aren't likely to read about it here.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Non compliance isn't the same as fighting for your rights. Eventually someone is going to get a wild hair up their ass and come to enforce the unconstitutional law then it's either game on or too late..I'm betting on too late.
    Some do both.

Meanwhile they'll have to consider what hill they choose to defend with their lives.
    Since the game is Divide & Conquer, we're forced to play solo defense, at least in places like MD.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    No one is doing both. Im not talking about writing sternly worded letters or holding rallies in Assapolis. That's been tried, it does not work.
    So, how many enemies of the COTUS have you taken out? Hypothetically, of course.

What level of ignorance of the State do you practice? Help us out here with some specific suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom