• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bulletmen

Alpha Bravo Mfg
    Jun 6, 2011
    Hanover Pa
    In 1989 a women-hating loser named Marc Lepine murdered over a dozen women in Montreal Canada.
    His weapon was a ruger Mini 14,legally purchased a few weeks before the murders.
    This brought about a hue and cry for banning semi autos in Canada and the3 US.
    IIRC,the vile coward used 5 shot magazines for the murders. That is all he could get at the time.
    This gives lie to the notion that these evil cowards use "hi capacity clips" in a murder rampage or that "hi caps" somehow make it that much easier.
    IIRC,he actually shot at a group of over a dozen women who huddled together as he emptied his rifle,reloaded ,emptied it and reloaded again.

Can anyone here with masterfull googlefu find out some more info on this ?
    Especially the fact the coward used 5 shot magazines in his "a-salt" weapon ?

www.bulletmen.com

spanokopita

Nov 3, 2012
    A magazine that holds 30 clips?! Where do I get one?!

Are these the ten-round stripper clips of .223? Does that mean 300 cartridges in one magazine??

Amazing!

(edit: Sorry, I couldn't resist, since it looks like you had already gotten your information. :) )

bulletmen

Alpha Bravo Mfg
    Jun 6, 2011
    Hanover Pa
    Thanks for the info.
    IIRC,he had only a bag full of 5 shot magazines.
    At the time,official sources issued contradictory statements.
    Some talk of one "30 clip magazine',some talk of "banana clips" and then word leaked out the coward had a bag full of 5 shot mags and a big knife.

Gotta spend more time looking at this.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    A question for the folks more in tune with how the anti's think (no offense meant, just meaning who've dealt with the politician's more one-on-one).

Would explaining/demonstrating that the difference between unloading 1 30-round "assault clip" versus 3 10-round "safety magazines" would only be a few seconds help our cause by making them realize it's foolish? Or would they say "well we better ban all detachable magazines" or "if you can change mags so fast, why are you complaining?"

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    Feinstein wants to do away with the "bullet button" which enable you to load another magazine quickly.

spanokopita

Nov 3, 2012
    I agree with johnnyl. A lot of this argument ultimately boils down to the fact that even with complete modern firearms prohibition, there are still the 6-shot black powder revolver replicas you can get even from stores without a background check, and with a few hours of practice you can swap a cylinder in one of those in well under a minute.

So the gun grabbers are willing to let us have 10 round magazines. Do you have any theory as to why that is?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The "30 clip magazine" is a magazine which holds 30 5-round clips. This makes for a total of 150 rounds making it a VERY high capacity magazine.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Yeah, as horrible as it sounds,I was thinking that if you are shooting a room full of six year olds, it would be just as easy to use a 140 year old Winchester lever action, as it would be to use anything with a 30 round mag. If the laws were such that the shooter only had access to a manual rifle, the outcome would not necesscarily been any different.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yeah, as horrible as it sounds,I was thinking that if you are shooting a room full of six year olds, it would be just as easy to use a 140 year old Winchester lever action, as it would be to use anything with a 30 round mag. If the laws were such that the shooter only had access to a manual rifle, the outcome would not necesscarily been any different.

I bet you could do more damage with a pair of sharp samurai swords....

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I don't believe this is the best case to back any pro 2A stance. Though this history lesson may illustrate that magazine capacity is not scourge the media points it out to be, it most certainly backs the argument that semi-auto rifles make it exceedingly easy to harm innocent people. Especially if such a heinous crime could be committed with just five round magazines.
    Just my $.02.
    CJ

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    At about the same time 1989 or so a large mass murderer took place in NYC at the Happy Land Social Club. A nutjob was mad at his girlfriend and fire bombed the place with a couple of bucks worth of unleaded. Killed almost ninty people. I have yet to hear Mayor Bloomberg call for a ban on gas or matches. I also have not seen this incident mentioned anywhere. I may be mistaken but before Oklahoma City I think that it was the largest homicide in US history. Just putting out some info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom