• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spitzer

Mar 11, 2007
    St.Mary's County, MD
    Classifier Match for IDPA Maryland State Championship

Folks, we are still accepting registration for the Maryland State Championship International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Match planned for May 4-6. If you have never made it to a match of this caliber, you would be missing a great opportunity if you don’t go to this one. We are scheduling a classifier match Sunday, 01 April for anybody who needs to get classified in preparation for the match. Details and an application can be found at the following website.
    http://www.geocities.com/sannerslakeidpa/2007.html
    We have a great range with many pits that allow us to have some really creative action stages. We even have a multi-room shoot house. The Classifier is a great opportunity to checkout the range at Sanner's Lake and meet some of the RO's.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Is the classifier going to be a busy weekend that one would have to sign up for in advance?

I ask because I'm unclassified in IDPA, and want to sign for the State match, but as I understand it I have to be classified to sign up.

spitzer

Mar 11, 2007
    St.Mary's County, MD
    IDPA Classifer

Nope, the Classifier matches go pretty quick. Check the posted schedule for actual times but they typically start around 10:00 (ROs shoot at 9:00), and most shooters have gone through once by around 1:00 (that's 1300 hours for some of us.)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I'll be fishing th Potomac that morning; it's the last day of a 4 day camping/fishing trip at Smallwood State Park.

If I come by just to watch, will there be enough parking for my truck and boat?

spitzer

Mar 11, 2007
    St.Mary's County, MD
    Parking and the Crowds

I don't think we had any problem with parking at the last State Championship although we had a lot of folks there. How are you at backing the trainler up?

The shooters are scheduled so they know which day they are up. Not all of them hang around for the whole time. The first day (Friday) is for the Range Safety Officers (RO) and staff. Spectators come and go as they please as the range is open to them.

Watching the pros shoot is awesome!:D They will be there doing their thing. Last year, there was a young amature that put them all to shame. He made his dad proud. Watching me shoot is entertaining. :lol2:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I may come down just to watch.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I don't think we had any problem with parking at the last State Championship although we had a lot of folks there. How are you at backing the trainler up?

I haven't killed anybody yet.

If need be I could unhook and leave it somewhere close, but out of the way.

spitzer

Mar 11, 2007
    St.Mary's County, MD
    Is Norton coming down to watch Spot77 back up the trailer, or to watch the match? :innocent0 I have been known to sit around and watch at public launching ramps just for entertainment. I once saw a guy drive one wheel six feet up on the pier beside the ramp before he noticed. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve seen the boat go in the water without the drain plug. Glub…glub…glu…..splish:party29:

Spot...:) There will be plenty of friendly folks around to keep you out of trouble.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I've been wanting to get into IDPA for a while, I shot at an IDPA style charity match this past year and had a blast.

I'll be in Spain during this match but hopefully I can make the next one.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Is Norton coming down to watch Spot77 back up the trailer, or to watch the match? :innocent0 I have been known to sit around and watch at public launching ramps just for entertainment.

If you want some real entertainment, you'll need to get someone to take you to the Fleet Reserve Club in downtown Annapolis. This is like the American Legion for Navy and Marine personnel.

These idjits try to dock their boats up in front of the club where there are about 200 retired Navy guys drinking beer. They start bouncing around out there and you'll start hearing the navy guys telling the boat owner that they piloted the USS _________ in WWII and if he docks the boat will the owner buy him another beer. :D

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    MATCH UPDATE:

Match is now 70% full. As a reminder, the match fee will be $100.00 for applications postmarked after April 1st with no guarantee for a Tee-shirt or trophy in the event you place.

Get your applications in now for an excellent Mid-Atlantic major match.

TR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom