Maryland Small Arms Range - What an experience! (in a bad way)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I have yet to be to the new range, but I never had a problem at the old range. Sure there were ventelation issues and lots of bullet holes in the ceiling at the line, some of that was a little disconcerting, but i never had a problem and i went there once a month.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Maybe some people see black people with guns and automatically label them thugs

Ahem, see below.

Yea, especially when they pose with a pistol tucked in their pants or point the pistol sideways and give those gang hand sine’s, while there buds take pictures, (not to mention sweeping half the line in the process). Na, that doesn’t make me think thug wana-be...:innocent0

Pistol...AR15...I personally hadn't seen this with my own eyes until yesterday. MSAR as a range is GREAT and this is the first experience I've had like that.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Yea, especially when they pose with a pistol tucked in their pants or point the pistol sideways and give those gang hand sine’s, while there buds take pictures, (not to mention sweeping half the line in the process). Na, that doesn’t make me think thug wana-be...:innocent0

Lol if there doing that then they are posers. Dudes like that are jokes But aslong as they stay away from me. But I do know what you see, I see it too. But I was mainly talking about the dressing/ language. I don't dress like a fool with my pants hangin or big baggy clothes but I do dress hip. And I'm sure my dreads make some of the petty people assume I'm some thug. Which isn't accurate.

pasayan73

May 31, 2009
    laurel, md
    I only go in the rifle range. They have stools now for each lane. Good thing msar does not rent rifle so, not a whole lot of wannabe folks shoot there. Can't say about the pistol range.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    If they were range only, I'd say A+. But because of my dealings with them in purchasing and doing transfers and their complete lack of trying to help in any fashion, added to the fact that my paperwork from 5/1 came back 7/8 and they never called me is the reason why I'll never set foot in their shop again as one entity supports the other.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Dropped in Friday early 1pm main parking lot was full big parking lot out front it was empty, think they had some security guards doing training. Rife ranges had openings. That why I take a rife and my handgun some I can shoot both on the same range no waiting.

Saw three AR .223 out for rental for $20 buy their Ammo or bring you own. Gun Vault was busy Big Mike and Tony were hammer out the paper work.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    My experience has been if you go later on Friday (like around 7) things seem to die down. Late in the day on Sunday afternoon has been good also.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Dropped in Friday early 1pm main parking lot was full big parking lot out front it was empty, think they had some security guards doing training. Rife ranges had openings. That why I take a rife and my handgun some I can shoot both on the same range no waiting.

Saw three AR .223 out for rental for $20 buy their Ammo or bring you own. Gun Vault was busy Big Mike and Tony were hammer out the paper work.

Were you the gentleman with the glock and the 22 rifle. If so sorry if we were being a little obnoxious. I was the idiot with the hand cannon.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Were you the gentleman with the glock and the 22 rifle. If so sorry if we were being a little obnoxious. I was the idiot with the hand cannon.

Not me I didn't shoot Friday just drop by to talk to people I know. I normally had a M&P 15-22 and or a bolt action heavy barrel savage, a M&P 9 and or a CZ 82, my wife has her little Italian (beretta) or her 22. I was shooting the other day when a guy let off few rounds with a Desert Eagle 50 cal that was so loud even ear plugs and a head set didn't help. It was Ok after I know it was coming. That bad boy rocks the house.:thumbsup: I shot my other stuff at MG they are too loud for indoors and I like the long shots.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    I remember one time I was in there and this lady was shooting a 50cal eagle and she was kind enough to let me test it out. That thing is loud as he'll.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Ya I was at the old range and some guy was in there shooting a 50 cal D.E. You could hear him at the other end of the parking lot. I was shooting my plr 16 Friday. Had to blow off some steam. Was up for 17 hours at that point and had worked 15 of em. Had to do a mag dump or 2 to make myself feel better. The nice gentleman next to me wanted to try it so I let him and his son both run a mag thru it. They loved it.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    Sorry to bring an old thread back but I went to MSAR today and I'm kinda pissed on my experience and how I was treated. I was shooting at the rifle range and guy on my right have a HBAR AR-15 with a muzzle brake that have cuts on the side that was blasting me with tons of air whenever he pulls the trigger and damn freaking thing was loud. Talked to him and he was a very cool guy and he backed-up so that the dividers blocks the air. Couple on my left were using a shotgun and they were blowing target and hanger to pieces.

2 employees replaced the hangers and fixed 1 lane that was not working. Suddenly, an employee told me to grab my range bag and come with him to the front counter. He asked me if I was using steel core ammo and I said no. He proceeded to grab a box of 50 round 5.56 inside my bag without asking for permission and rip the box open, got a round and put a magnet on it. He said somebody shot some steel core ammo and the casings were in the vicinity were I'm shooting.

MSAR is the most convenient rifle range to me and I don't want to burn my bridges so I did not say anything but I I felt violated.

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I used to frequent MSAR, but always felt a sense of danger. I left to go to NRA (I live in the middle) .

When the NRA said no more steel core, I joins Mt Washington Rod and Reel, and now shoot at the AGC.

A little further, but not by much. I also have met a ton of great people.

MSAR is kind of where I started in this area. Look around. There is a LOT better out there.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    I used to frequent MSAR, but always felt a sense of danger. I left to go to NRA (I live in the middle) .

When the NRA said no more steel core, I joins Mt Washington Rod and Reel, and now shoot at the AGC.

A little further, but not by much. I also have met a ton of great people.

MSAR is kind of where I started in this area. Look around. There is a LOT better out there.

Just curious, have you been to the new & improved MSAR?

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I do not even know what that means. If you mean the range with multiple rooms that lead you to segmented lanes with no ventilation...

Or the range that has no range officer watching the firing line...

Or did you mean the range that has the shadiest characters walking around with no muzzle control at the line...

Either way... That's the one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom