Maryland Sherriff's position on gun control legislation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    I talked to Sheriff Evans at the barber, he said he was going to Annapolis to testify against. I kind of know him, and he seems to be pro-ownership...

Can anyone confirm that Sheriff Evans (Calverrt County) testified today against HB 294? I was not in the over flow rooms and watching testimony when the Sheriffs were testifying. Thanks.

Minuteman - Oath Keeper

Guardian of the Republic
    Jan 28, 2013
    Khandahar, Afghanistan
    According to their facebook page the MOCO Sherrif has not made up his mind on the issue as of his post on 25 Jan. He does call for a "common sense" approach though

Common sense is no longer common. After all Joey Biden says throw a couple rounds through the door without identifying your target.

When I hear "common sense" approach, I hear I'll limit your rights but try to morally justify my unconstitutional stance with government propaganda.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Sheriff Mike Lewis is the man.

I met him at a DRE conference in Baltimore when he was still a trooper.

mtoutback

Apr 16, 2010
    Can anyone confirm that Sheriff Evans (Calverrt County) testified today against HB 294? I was not in the over flow rooms and watching testimony when the Sheriffs were testifying. Thanks.
    He was the first of the Sheriff's to speak and he is an opponent.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Sheriffs of Queen Anne, Somerset and Wicomico made no bones about it today, O'Malley can pound sand.

Sorry, the Queen Anne's county sheriff was not there. It was St. Mary's, Wicomico, and the third was either the sheriff of Caroline or was a chief of Police of a Caroline town (I wasn't clear on which). I think I will try to get to talk with Sheriff Hoffman and see what his thoughts are on the bills.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    The sherriffs who testified made an important distinction between their position as elected law enforcement leaders vs the appointed chief who testified for the bill.

And Bateman in AA County should be gone.

Stewie0706

Blast!
    Feb 19, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    I understand from an earlier post it sounds like the MoCo Sheriff hasn't made up his mind. I'm going to write him and I urge all the MoCo folks who haven't yet to do so.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase