• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sweet but it does nothing if its not in writing. Can't get any response as to whether there will be a formal statement or its just a "call to Lou"'in the other thread.

My guess would be that the lawsuit continues until MSP makes a formal release that is approved by a judge.

Sirsly

Apr 11, 2011
    Charles County
    Nothing funny about your cute comment. On its worst day the USA is a 100 time better than anywhere else. If you truly feel that way I hope you find a way to leave sooner rather than later to that country you think is a better place to live.

I agree. I have lived overseas fo more than 11years and there is no country better than USA. Most folks who make comments about leaving the USA have never experience living in a forgien country. They will have a huge wake up call when they get to where ever they thought was a better place to live..I would love to be there to witness their first trip to the grocery store....lol

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I agree. I have lived overseas fo more than 11years and there is no country better than USA. Most folks who make comments about leaving the USA have never experience living in a forgien country. They will have a huge wake up call when they get to where ever they thought was a better place to live..I would love to be there to witness their first trip to the grocery store....lol

Having traveled extensively abroad, I generally agree there is no better place to live than the US. However, reportedly as many as 6 million US citizens currently are considered expats living abroad. They must know something the rest of us don't. There are probably millions of reasons to live elsewhere, not the least of which is the purchasing power of the US dollar. I can find no statistics though that point to firearm freedoms as a reason to go outside the US.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Having traveled extensively abroad, I generally agree there is no better place to live than the US. However, reportedly as many as 6 million US citizens currently are considered expats living abroad. They must know something the rest of us don't. There are probably millions of reasons to live elsewhere, not the least of which is the purchasing power of the US dollar. I can find no statistics though that point to firearm freedoms as a reason to go outside the US.

I recently returned from a trip to Japan. I can without a doubt, say that if I were able to live in a home similar to what I have here, I would pick up my family and move there. The way that they treat each other and how they take pride in their work is leaps and bounds above what I see in the USA. An example of this can be seen in the McDonalds workers ensuring that every sandwich looks identical to the picture which represents the menu item. I witnessed 5-7 year old children riding the train to school alone. Can all the parents say that they would be OK with their grade school son or daughter riding the green line to school alone daily? This is because there is basically 0% crime there. I love my country, I just cant stand its people sometimes and what we have allowed our society to become.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    My guess would be that the lawsuit continues until MSP makes a formal release that is approved by a judge.

That already exists, its called the current law. Current law dictates that FFLs are able to release on the 8th day. I mentioned this in a previous post but its like saying that I am going to sue the MSP, wanting every speed limit I go through explained to me on official letterhead so I know im good, despite there being a sign on the side of the road every time this limit changes. The only thing this lawsuit will do is have a record of how inept the MSP is when processing firearm related applications when the time comes to all get fingerprinted with a license to buy. It will do nothing in terms of regulated weapons being released faster, as FFLs already have the ability to do so. If your FFL is not releasing, then its time to find one who will.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Having the raveled extensively abroad, I generally agree there is no better place to live than the US. However, reportedly as many as 6 million US citizens currently are considered expats living abroad. They must know something the rest of us don't. There are probably millions of reasons to live elsewhere, not the least of which is the purchasing power of the US dollar. I can find no statistics though that point to firearm freedoms as a reason to go outside the US.

99.9% of the time it's all about the money the company they work for offers them to work outside the US. Not because its a better place to live. They make more money because it's not better than living in the US, and the extra money they can make is the perk that talks them into doing it.

If they could make the same money in the US, they would trample over you coming back

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I recently returned from a trip to Japan. I can without a doubt, say that if I were able to live in a home similar to what I have here, I would pick up my family and move there. The way that they treat each other and how they take pride in their work is leaps and bounds above what I see in the USA. An example of this can be seen in the McDonalds workers ensuring that every sandwich looks identical to the picture which represents the menu item. I witnessed 5-7 year old children riding the train to school alone. Can all the parents say that they would be OK with their grade school son or daughter riding the green line to school alone daily? This is because there is basically 0% crime there. I love my country, I just cant stand its people sometimes and what we have allowed our society to become.

So instead of wanting to leave, stay here and teach your children responseabity and pride in what they do.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    trying to get useful information from this thread in regards to the thread title is useless.

If I wanted to know about oathkeepers, and how great this country is, and your travel history,...
    We really don't care about these topics when we check this thread-duh!

nevermind...

+1. Start a new thread about living abroad or staying here. You guys are making this thread impossible to read. Please!

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    any news on this? Mopar started a thread about getting his glock early, need to confirm if it was a SD thing or if a reply from this lawsuit actually came back.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Just called the FFL dealer my wife purchase a Ruger .38 from just
    about 60 days ago. Dealer said he has a bunch from March
    and are approaching 90 days. :mad54:

Thinks MSP is not doing all they can to release ND sooner!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    For what it's worth, I just spoke with the Bass Pro firearms manager. He told me that B-P Corporate has been round and round with the MSP.

Storage issues, Insurance issues, Etc...

For those who believe in K.I.S.S., the short answer is: No Way Jose!!!

90 Days at Bass so we take it up the A**!!!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That already exists, its called the current law. Current law dictates that FFLs are able to release on the 8th day. I mentioned this in a previous post but its like saying that I am going to sue the MSP, wanting every speed limit I go through explained to me on official letterhead so I know im good, despite there being a sign on the side of the road every time this limit changes. The only thing this lawsuit will do is have a record of how inept the MSP is when processing firearm related applications when the time comes to all get fingerprinted with a license to buy. It will do nothing in terms of regulated weapons being released faster, as FFLs already have the ability to do so. If your FFL is not releasing, then its time to find one who will.

But currently the MSP says "yes, you can release on the 8th day, but you, the FFL are liable for any issues." The lawsuit seeks to have the MSP relieve the FFLs of any liability.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I can be sued for calling you ugly. Anyone can sue anyone for any reason. If that is their fear then they better buy a piece of land and become a hermit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom