• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    This may seem like an unlikely place to put this but we may be need this site again it it's outreach.

mdpetitions.com

If you have not heard about it by now, Neil Parrot got this going a couple of years ago to bring several bills to referendum. It worked! Unfortunately, after we got all of the signatures together to bring them to referendum, not enough people donated money afterwards to get the story in the media and advertise our positions. The democrats (probably having crapped their pants), is now going about to change the game so that it may be near impossible to bring bills to referendum. I can not tell you how important this may become for us in the near future. Aside from legal means, referendum may be our last recourse to defeat bills like SB281.

Today I received an email from MDPetitions.com...

--------------------------------

THEY’RE TRYING TO SHUT DOWN MARYLAND’S PETITION PROCESS FOR GOOD. You will no longer have any voice in your government.

A bill sponsored by a Mongomery County Delegate will effectively stop our ability to use the petition process in Maryland.

Make no mistake, this is exactly what we’ve been expecting – an attempt by the liberal establishment to deal a death blow to the referendum process that would effectively kill any chance Marylanders have to petition bad laws for a vote from the people.

Act now, or be silenced.

You can help in 3 ways.

GIVE. An immediate donation of $25, $50, $100, or even $200 is needed to stop this bill NOW, before it gets out of committee. This is our best chance, but we need funds to target Delegates on the fence. Donate here.
    GROWL. Call your Delegate, asking him to oppose HB493. This is URGENT. Please ask your friends and family to flood your Delegate’s office with calls so that the message will get through to the Delegate. (Find your delegate here.)
    GO. Attend the hearing before the House Ways and Means Committee this Thursday, February 21st, at 1:00pm. If you are able to testify, please coordinate with Jim and Gloria Coyle at jcoyle_rem@hotmail.com.

Each one of us needs to act now to make sure that the liberal elitist Annapolis not take shut down your voice and remove your ability to petition laws.

This bill, HB493, is offensively called the “Referendum Integrity Act”. Essentially, this bill puts excessive requirements on anyone who collects signatures, puts unrealistic, bureaucratic requirements on the petition sponsors, and makes it even harder for people to know how to sign the petition “correctly”.

If we stay silent, this bill may pass.

If you care at all about our constitutional right to petition laws to referendum, please give, growl, and go. It is now or never.

Looking forward to working with you in the future.

Sincerely,
    Neil

Delegate Neil C. Parrott
    Chairman, MDPetitions.com

P.S. Please make an immediate donation of $50, $100, $150, or even $200 at mdpetitions.com/donate to help us target key legislators in an effort to stop this bill.

Checks are also accepted, payable to MDPetitions.com and mailed to P.O. Box 32, Funkstown, MD 21732

Authority: MDPetitions.com. Deborah Miller, Treasurer.

###

MDPetitions.com exists to enable Marylanders to have a say in their government and serves as the leader in Maryland's petitioning process. MDPetitions.com helped Marylander’s get enough signatures allow Marylanders to vote on the bill that would have given in-state college tuition benefits to illegal aliens, to vote on the same-sex marriage bill, and to vote on Maryland’s Gerrymandered Congressional Redistricting Map.
    Delegate Neil C. Parrott, Chairman; Deborah Miller, Treasurer
    Phone: (240)329-0293
    Email: MDPetitions@gmail.com
    Donations: mdpetitions.com/donate

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    By the way...

Md Petition brought the Gay Marriage, Illegal AlienTuition, and Redistricting to referendum.

We may really need this option.

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    So if I read this correctly... To sign a petition you will need to show more proof than is required to actually vote? Makes perfect sense to me. Where is the ACLU on this?

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    I see this as really really important - especially to our cause. The libtards know this and they are aiming to make it prohibitively hard to get a petition drive together.

If I read the bill correctly, it would mean in one example that you could not sign the petition and be your own circulator.

(E) AN INDIVIDUAL MAY NOT SIGN A SIGNATURE PAGE AS BOTH THE CIRCULATOR AND A PETITIONER.

I believe this means that you can not down load the petition from a web site, sign it as the petitioner and circulator, put it in the mail and have it count. That would take away thousands of valid signatures right there.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I see this as really really important - especially to our cause. The libtards know this and they are aiming to make it prohibitively hard to get a petition drive together.

If I read the bill correctly, it would mean in one example that you could not sign the petition and be your own circulator.

(E) AN INDIVIDUAL MAY NOT SIGN A SIGNATURE PAGE AS BOTH THE CIRCULATOR AND A PETITIONER.

I believe this means that you can not down load the petition from a web site, sign it as the petitioner and circulator, put it in the mail and have it count. That would take away thousands of valid signatures right there.

In the unlikely event that this passes. Do it anyway, have it notorized, and get standing to challenge... I may sign stuff I do not agree with and if we get enough we may have a class action.

I am so freaking pissed about this, I can't get anything done. I just feel like my rights were stripped away. I had been planning on buying a home defense handgun, now 90% of them could be banned. I mean one thing is for sure I was putting off buying a gun. Now I am going to run up prices like everybody else. Sorry about that, gotta do what I gotta do. This has got to change its not right.

bigplayer2382

Jan 18, 2013
    Salisbury
    make sure you take their survey and say that md guns is #1 priority for a referendum and that you will help get signatures to make it a referendum. lets throw all our momentum to good use and not let it die off

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    MDPetitions.com Kick-Off Event @ Blobs Park 17 Apr

Kick-Off Event @ Blobs Park

Join Neil C. Parrott, and other leaders in their fields to hear a wrap-up of the 2013 Legislative Session and how the new laws will affect you and your family.

Blob’s Park
    8024 Max Blobs Park Road, Jessup, Maryland 20794

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013

Press Rally & Main Event
    6:30 ~ 8:30 P.M.
    ($30/person ~ $50/family)
    Cash Bar Available

Acme

Apr 12, 2013
    Mount Washington
    I donated last week when I heard MD Petitions was considering going after the gun bill. I think this guy has done a fantastic job trying to protect us in MD and I think he is one of our best shots at killing some of the bad legislation coming out of this horrible government.

Ringmaster

Feb 9, 2013
    Howard County
    I see a vote on the bill not going well. Why. O'Malley and his sockpuppets will spend big money (Bloomberg) running heartfelt ads every five minutes on TV leading up to the vote just like they did for the illegal immigrant college bill vote and it will pass. A lawsuit is the only way to go on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom