• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Problem is that the blue areas are where most of the state residents reside. Or, the ones that vote in general elections, anyways.

The second part of this statement is really the biggest problem. My wife and I had many arguments about voting in the last election. My argument (admittedly not the right one) was that it wasn't worth my time to vote because we live in an overwhelmingly blue state, blue county, and blue district. I believe that there are A LOT of people out there that have this same opinion.

So many Democrats out there are pi**ed off about losing the election but having more of the popular vote. My view is that we REALLY DON'T KNOW what would happen if the electoral college were removed. I think you would see A LOT more people headed to the polls on both sides with a result that I'm not sure anyone could actually predict.

The second part of this statement is really the biggest problem. My wife and I had many arguments about voting in the last election. My argument (admittedly not the right one) was that it wasn't worth my time to vote because we live in an overwhelmingly blue state, blue county, and blue district. I believe that there are A LOT of people out there that have this same opinion.

So many Democrats out there are pi**ed off about losing the election but having more of the popular vote. My view is that we REALLY DON'T KNOW what would happen if the electoral college were removed. I think you would see A LOT more people headed to the polls on both sides with a result that I'm not sure anyone could actually predict.

The same thing that happens in Maryland elections would happen nationally..New York, California and New England would dictate the outcome of every Presidential election just like MoCo, PG. HoCo and Baltimore City control the GA, the congressional delegation and in most cases the state house..It would give endless power to the left/..

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    It's all people on the government dole. Government employees, contractors and welfare recipients.
    You expect them to vote in their own (greedy, short term best interests).
    Do people who work summer jobs in OC still claim unemployment every fall?
    Dramatically cut government spending, balance the budget and improve everyone's life.
    People will have more self esteem, contribute a product or service, value their own hard work and switch allegiances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's all people on the government dole. Government employees, contractors and welfare recipients.
    You expect them to vote in their own (greedy, short term best interests).
    Do people who work summer jobs in OC still claim unemployment every fall?
    Dramatically cut government spending, balance the budget and improve everyone's life.
    People will have more self esteem, contribute a product or service, value their own hard work and switch allegiances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yep...I know several

Okletsfish

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2015
    From the look of that map AA Co is part of the ghetto.I have been living here for a very long time and have seen the change.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    lossless-page1-1280px-Maryland_Congressional_Districts%2C_113th_Congress.tif.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland's_congressional_districts

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I think that if you look you'll find that those that are POed about losing the election are also the people who could not be bothered to carry their lazy azz to the poll to vote.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The same thing that happens in Maryland elections would happen nationally..New York, California and New England would dictate the outcome of every Presidential election just like MoCo, PG. HoCo and Baltimore City control the GA, the congressional delegation and in most cases the state house..It would give endless power to the left/..

Sure, because Trump carried New York, California and New England. :lol2:

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    The problem is those red areas have tiny population compared to the blue areas.

Until someone overturns this case, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_v._Sims, all state legislatures have to be divided by population.

Thanks for that link.

What this does is turn a true bicameral legislature into a defacto unicameral legislature. In reality they could do the same job with only one house instead of two.

A ballot question should be brought up to be voted on by the voters (one man, one vote afterall) to a allow a constitutional change in Maryland to dissolve the house or the senate. The election following that decision would be needed to decide which pack of jackals to throw out onto the streets.

Think of the money we would be saving for the state. Think of the time this would save. Think of the looks on the faces of the politicians as they lose their phony-baloney jobs. The empty office building could be turned into something useful like section 8 housing.:lol2:

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    Districts 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8 all look like strangulated colons, and if their boundaries were re-drawn in any kind of a more-nearly normal configuration, I don't really see the republicans picking up more than 1, maybe 2 more seats in the congress. Some very entrenched interests must be really, really worried. Tyranny and paranoia hand in hand, I guess.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sounds about right. With vaguely representive Districting boundaries 2-3 districts going GOP would be in line with the actual overall voting population. Give or take how well various candidates play to the actual center.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Crofton was a lock for 'red', shortly will be blue.

As I voted in Crofton the guy in front of me and the lady behind me both voted Trump, making it inconspicuously visible to me ... as I made my decision just a little more apparent. They were both in their 40's I'm guessing.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    As the ghetto expands outward from Baltimore the liberal vermin plague is moving east...there are plenty of small pockets of liberals on the shore...coming to a town near you..

Although urban development theory says that as the inner city moves to the suburbs, the suburban folks move into the inner city.

See DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom