• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    No screen name here. We all have our opinions. Regardless if we have different passions on an issue it shouldn't divide us. We are a sane community. I think even leather underwear guy is sane... probably. He's certainly funny. I'd go shooting with him if he promises to wear that out fit.

I am not divided Matt (unless you mean that I am not allowed to have an opnion because it does not match everyone elses), my message has been consistent in that proceed with caution, is has not been "do not proceed"

Please refer to all the posts I have made stating that the force should be under the sheriff, indicating I agree with a force just not under a politician (even if he may be a great guy).

Also please note where I disagree with it being a reaction to 281...... but I didnt just disagree, I also provided a solution.

The only issue I have had is a few kids who have not grown "balls" or "manned up" telling a MB full of vets to do so.

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    I don't think Delegate Dwyer is forming this only for 281. It certainly is what started it, but it looks like this is for protection from any unconstitutional law. If it is formed up under the sheriffs, it could be all sorts of good.

Correct, this is a CONSTITUTIONAL defense force. IE: a force tasked with preserving the laws and principles outlined in the US Constitution. That need can arise in many circumstances. A key example is the way in which the president can declare an emergency state and take command of the national guard without approval of the governor. In such a situation what forces do the state (the people) have to ensure their rights and their freedom? NONE. This is where the unorganized militia (the CDF) comes into play.

Additionally, those of you who have been mocking others due to their concerns over the need for an organization of such a force need to stow such talk. Frankly your nay-saying sounds EXACTLY like the liberals who kept saying that the gun-control crowd weren't trying to take away any of our firearms or rights, when that was EXACTLY what they were doing, have done, and will continue to do.
    Mark my words... What happened this year is simply stage one of a long term plan of total disarmament. That is not paranoia, it is simple logic.
    Not only is it important to organize and continue to fight all of this with all conventional means at our disposal, but it is also time to face up to the very real possibility that use of force may indeed be necessary to preserve our liberties at some point in the future. Like it or not this is the reality of the situation gentleman.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Correct, this is a CONSTITUTIONAL defense force. IE: a force tasked with preserving the laws and principles outlined in the US Constitution. That need can arise in many circumstances. A key example is the way in which the president can declare an emergency state and take command of the national guard without approval of the governor. In such a situation what forces do the state (the people) have to ensure their rights and their freedom? NONE. This is where the unorganized militia (the CDF) comes into play.

Additionally, those of you who have been mocking others due to their concerns over the need for an organization of such a force need to stow such talk. Frankly your nay-saying sounds EXACTLY like the liberals who kept saying that the gun-control crowd weren't trying to take away any of our firearms or rights, when that was EXACTLY what they were doing, have done, and will continue to do.
    Mark my words... What happened this year is simply stage one of a long term plan of total disarmament. That is not paranoia, it is simple logic.
    Not only is it important to organize and continue to fight all of this with all conventional means at our disposal, but it is also time to face up to the very real possibility that use of force may indeed be necessary to preserve our liberties at some point in the future. Like it or not this is the reality of the situation gentleman.

Well. Freaking. Said.

I wish i could post a thumbs up on my phone.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32

Well stated!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reality is something many are use to watching on TV. :rolleyes:

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    Just wanted to add my $0.02… Not picking on kehvN here. Sometimes it is easy to say things that can get mis-interpreted. Some folks are clearly very excited by this idea (I know I am)… some folks are intrigued but cautious. Being cautious doesn’t make one a coward. Resistance fighters aren’t cowards because they don’t charge a hill when they know they will get mowed down. They pick their battles and fight smart. I haven’t been on this board long, but one thing I like about it is that there is a brotherhood of likeminded patriots here. Let's not malign honorable people. I think that we are all on the same side here. Let’s keep that in mind. :cool:

I'm not offended, however, I'm not sure how you've lumped the "cautious" crowd into those I've meant to call out. That was for the nay-sayers and those considering abandoning MD.

Being one who has lived in more gun freedom states (FL, GA, AZ, UT) I now find MD as my home and will fight for her citizens liberty.

Caution is of utmost importance. Planning, discipline, training are all born out of caution. It is because of our wariness and reliance on caution that has made us belong to this "pro-gun" crowd. I'd not respect someone charging blindly at something, unless in some last moment of valor.

I urge caution against those who'd have us throw our weight behind the sheriffs. That's a risky endeavor. What force has shown the highest likelihood of violating our freedoms? Killing us where we stand? Not to use a broad brush but it is law enforcement that is the strong arm of the law.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Is the CDF still up and Running?
    The process to actually get up and running is taking quite a bit of time. We are trying to work through legal issues among other items, that will make the ramp up smooth.

In the interim, keep an eye out on http://mdcdf.org for announcements. There is a form on the site to request information on how to join. At this point, you won't be receiving a response until we get these details worked out.

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    The process to actually get up and running is taking quite a bit of time. We are trying to work through legal issues among other items, that will make the ramp up smooth.

In the interim, keep an eye out on http://mdcdf.org for announcements. There is a form on the site to request information on how to join. At this point, you won't be receiving a response until we get these details worked out.

I will be waiting

tdant

Jul 31, 2012

This needs to get up and running as soon as possible. Any updates?

eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    This kind of activity could be used to classify one as a terrorist according to the FBI, DOJ and Obama administration.

You won't hear the drone before its too late :(

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Alot of states has these militia's. They haven't been hit by drones. AlOf of the members are former police and military who love this country. So I don't see what's wrong with them :/

eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    Alot of states has these militia's. They haven't been hit by drones. AlOf of the members are former police and military who love this country. So I don't see what's wrong with them :/

Oh former military and love of country? Another possible qualification to classify you as a terrorist.

I'm not making this stuff up unfortunately.
    fb1-flyer.jpg

terrorist-a.jpg

VFP

Nov 22, 2012
    I'm in, but I don't get around as well as I used to, so I guess you can just put me down under 'expendables'.......
    I'm with ya there brother.

Wish there were more organized groups around my neck of the woods, Cecil County.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Gunnery practice on the Constellation.

Get those muzzle stuffers up and running.

Dear Patriot Act, NSA, FBI, and CIA.
    Just kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom