• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Dont want to fling shit, but thats an interesting statement for someone with those two pics on his sig line / avatar.

First, I am going to guess you meant to fling shit or you wouldn’t have said anything. I am a bit stunned you feel it necessary to compare strategic military implementation to a knee jerk reaction to legislation?

Anyone who owns a gun should know force is a last resort, not a first.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I understand but its an email. Nothing more.

The founding fathers pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor.

Care to pledge an annomyous email address........

Nope, I need more info and I also need to research the UCMJ, I suspect that may be addressed in there.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    active defiance isnt the same as peaceful, passive non-compliance. i've got my eye on this also - not jumping in until I see more to make an educated (non-Dumais) move.

Sorry because I'm going to offend you, but find your balls and get in.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    First, I am going to guess you meant to fling shit or you wouldn’t have said anything. I am a bit stunned you feel it necessary to compare strategic military implementation to a knee jerk reaction to legislation?

Anyone who owns a gun should know force is a last resort, not a first.

Violence is violence. I just feel you have over reacted in saying this is a knee jerk response. Dwyer has gone out of his way to say this is not about insurrection and use of force. I apologize if you are offended.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    To anyone on the fence about this, find your balls and get in. Else go back to your chair and whine about all that ales you.

downforthecause

refugee from communist MD
    Nov 13, 2009
    Good to know people are afraid to sign up for emails...lol.look at what this brain washing has done. They might as well come after bolt and lever guns now, freedom of religion, speech and the other rights we are willing to protect with our angry words! Lol

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Violence is violence. I just feel you have over reacted in saying this is a knee jerk response. Dwyer has gone out of his way to say this is not about insurrection and use of force. I apologize if you are offended.

Violence is a last resort, always! violence is not violence and I am most certainly not offended ... concerned is more apropos (mostly because of people it will attract like the idiot who keeps calling for balls)

every peaceful option needs to be exhausted before this happens IMHO.

And if you read all his statements, you would know it stated no insurrection unless his trigger is met in which case it will be met with force.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    What did the Boy Scouts say?

Oh that's right; always be prepared

Time to get you head out of....the sand and take a look at what's going on. I am not saying its time to take to the streets but at least make connections and get in the game.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Just what we don't need. We need to appeal to moderates, it is the only way to get anything done in such a Blue state. Yes, by all means, lets start an organization that threatens militant action if they don't get their way. (Yes, the not-so veiled threat to take action if "forced to" is definitely a threat. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional) And Militia? Really? With the negative connotations that term has, it's just what the anti's would love us to do. Make ourselves all look like paranoid, intransigent, wackos. :sad20:

We should be maintaining a professional, polite attitude toward EVERYONE. Anit's are already flooding media with stories about "dangerous, paranoid gun nuts", we should not be giving them ammunition. We are like the big scary guy, who has to be extra nice around people, because he intimidates them. The last think we need to do is act threatening.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Violence is a last resort, always! violence is not violence and I am most certainly not offended ... concerned is more apropos (mostly because of people it will attract like the idiot who keeps calling for balls)

every peaceful option needs to be exhausted before this happens IMHO.

And if you read all his statements, you would know it stated no insurrection unless his trigger is met in which case it will be met with force.

We will see. Curious to see what happens.

HVAC AK47

Feb 6, 2010
    Just what we don't need. We need to appeal to moderates, it is the only way to get anything done in such a Blue state. Yes, by all means, lets start an organization that threatens militant action if they don't get their way. (Yes, the not-so veiled threat to take action if "forced to" is definitely a threat. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional) And Militia? Really? With the negative connotations that term has, it's just what the anti's would love us to do. Make ourselves all look like paranoid, intransigent, wackos. :sad20:

I dont need to appeal to anyone when defending my rights and it has nothing to do with getting my way!

What in the world do you think the 2nd amendment means?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland

Dude they already made us look like criminals. Did you not understand you will be finger printed with pedophiles (sp) . I am not advocati g vi,oence but all this is is an emIl list and people are freaking out. Did we not ALL just spend the past wee,s wathcing what happened.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    As a proud member of the MDDF, it does take some effort to join and be active. I do it to give back to my State and my neighbors.

However, while I want to continue helping my neighbors, my State is seriously testing my resolve. I see Delegate Dwyer's call for the formation of this as an excellent opportunity to satisfy both my desires. I see the Volunteer Militia as a force that would be organized under some official body of the State (avoiding legal pitfalls) and be used for the protection of the citizens by government implementation of unconstitutional laws. The MDDF is no longer for that. It is a professional group meant to augment various aspects of the Maryland National Guard. And they are very effective at that mission.

I see a need for what I've described and am all for it.

:tinfoil:

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I signed up also to see where this goes! My wife signed up as well.
    I hope he is not being disingenuous about protecting our 2nd amendment rights and other freedoms. Starting a militia is something to be taken quite seriously and is the right way to go about restoring the freedoms that we are losing day by day.
    Count my family and friends in! Good for him for taking it upon himself organizing such a movement! :thumbsup:
    I am also probably on some list somewhere but at this point I really don't care! I love my country and I am a patriot if that makes me a terrorist so be it
    :party29:

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Dude they already made us look like criminals. Did you not understand you will be finger printed with pedophiles (sp) . I am not advocati g vi,oence but all this is is an emIl list and people are freaking out. Did we not ALL just spend the past wee,s wathcing what happened.

And for what - NOTHING.

Lets write some more letters, and think positive. Bull crap.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    I think I need more information! I think there are a lot of terms he could have used outside of militia but he chose that word.

If I can have your permission, I think I will hold off until there is more info that this is in fact 100% peacefull despite the term he used.

He chose that word "militia" because that is the word used in the Maryland code. I joined his email list and I seriously doubt an elected official would walk on his private parts wearing golf shoes by forming the "militia" and asking for members if such action violated the law. He is a high value target for attacks from the anti-gun people and if he is willing to confront them, I will support him. I believe he is asking for our support to let the anti's know that we are still here and watching them.

I don't think the legislators banned the 1st amendment YET.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom