• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I don't think there are enough single issue voters.

Count me as a single-issue voter next time -- pro 2A. In no way shape or form will I support a democrat for governor. Not all democrats are gun grabbers, but almost all gun grabbers are democrats. Guns may not be my top priority, but they are damned well important enough that the assault on them has turned all of my legislative efforts toward their free acquisition and use. Not only do I write the emails and letters, I recruit for MDS and MSI and show-up in person to every 2A-related event that I can get to. I bought more guns than I need*, and lots of ammo....

*I know this is not possible, and is borderline blasphemy. Grant me poetic license.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    If Hogan does anything overtly pro 2A, he is done in Maryland.

As far as being 2013 all over again. I believe it is actually worse. More people will sit on the sidelines this time. I seriously doubt those leading the charge can get anywhere near as many to follow them to Annapolis this time around.

This my concern as well, but it's all the more reason for us to spread the word through the .orgs, clubs, ranges, sewing circles...

MSI, AGC, MLFDA, MSRPA, and the others really need to cast a "Call to Legs" (because 'arms' are bad, mkay?!), to get as many people as pissed as possible.

Only the people can fix this, since we know our critters won't.

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    Unfortunately Sir, you are correct. There's a book by Charles Murray called "Coming Apart". The author talks about "SuperZips". SuperZips are where overeducated, elitist snobs live. Neighborhoods with a predominently Caucausian/Asian population with VERY high levels of education. Places such as Ellicott City, Columbia, Brookville, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Potomac, Bethesda, Chevy Chase and NW DC., etc.

In Merry-Land, a large percentage of these folks also work for various government agencies and a large percentage are progressives. I want to be optimistic but, I don't see things changing soon. However, we do need to keep up the fight.

How about if we all pick a spot in Delaware and move there. If all the 2Acommunity in MD moved to the same place we could turn the legislature red and keep it there indefinitely.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If people in MD would stop voting for Democrats we wouldnt be in this shape.

You know, its like supplying an arsonist matches and gas to burn shit down, then complain when they do it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Uh-oh - The Word's Out!

Maryland’s new Unconstitutional Gun Confiscation Legislation Violates the 2nd & 5th Amendments
    http://www.dcclothesline.com/2016/0...-legislation-violates-the-2nd-5th-amendments/
    Though they are touting new gun confiscation measures as “common sense solutions,” the reality is that Maryland Democrat Communists are pushing Communism instead. New legislation that has been introduced is attempting to advance three new gun confiscation measures despite a federal appeals court decision that recently said the state’s 2013 gun control measures known, as the Firearms Safety Act of 2013, were a violation of the Second Amendment.

On Wednesday, House Speaker Michael Busch and Senate President Thomas V. “Mike” Miller, Jr. pushed legislation that bans guns on public college and university campuses, orders Maryland State Police to bar people on the mysterious FBI terror watch list from purchasing guns, and requires those with domestic violence convictions to turn in their guns.

The Full Retard has officially gone national! :bullhorn:

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    The MDS board has been over it 100 times. OTHER THAN THE SQUIRREL STUFF... Hogan was always on record he was not changing gun laws. That stuff is out there. He never promised any pro 2A moves when running. My thought was at least we'll have a Governor who DOES NOT talk about grabbing guns every month, and he has lived up to that expectation very well. As far as the HPRB, you have to think he was really trying to put pro gun people seated there, and got torpedoed by two CCW instructors!! What governor would seat NRA , instructors on that board but a pro gun Governor?

Well said.

He is still better than the alternative.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    You know, its like supplying an arsonist matches and gas to burn shit down, then complain when they do it.

So what if we've got lawmakers that condone it, schools that encourage it and a president that winks at it. It's time to give the lawless a decent chance to get ahead. How else can they raise themselves up out of a poverty of their own making if not upon the ashes of the work of others?

C'mon, read the rule book—it's a new game now, baby.:party29:

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Something occurred to me late yesterday with respect to this latest infringement. The rulers want all long rifle transfers between private parties to go through an FFL, and long rifle transfers are done on the federal level via the instant background check and federal form. Dumb question, but, how is the PRMd going to know that a federal transfer has occurred? Now, I haven’t read this idiotic bill other than skimming over it, but please tell me that they aren’t going to impose that secondary and redundant Maryland form on the people for long rifles that they currently use for “restricted weapons”

:mad54:

:banghead:
    No but FSA2013 included a provision to allow MSP to view (think photocopy) an FFL's bound book.

So if they wanted to, they could collect that data, as they might already be doing on new sales.

But the bill itself doesn't seem to require any new forms - says in the same manner as what the FFL does now which I take to mean 4473.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    SOP for MD Legislature -
    For non-criminals - make more laws and take more rights from them.
    For Criminals - give more rights and lessen penalties for committing crimes.

Eventually we will all be equal.

It's not about equality, it's about lawyers job security.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If people in MD would stop voting for Democrats we wouldnt be in this shape.

Your premise supposes the majority of citizens in this state doesn't like the shape Maryland is in? It is roughly 70% Democrat registered voters, and this is a paradise to them. Once they pass more gun laws it will be near utopia for majority.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    What about politely flooding the Reps with emails...I sent one out with all of the Reps on all of the Bills...

I feel helpless being here in KSA but I try my best to further the cause...

Maryland doesn't suck...Please, its the atmosphere that was CREATED...

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Emails have shown to have less of an effect than we thought, especially for the long-timers. Not saying don't do it, just expect a lot of crickets and auto-replies.

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet...

When writing and calling, give your name as it is shown on your voter registration card.

Signing it "Jimmy Smith" when your registration name is "R. James Smith" will get your correspondence dumped.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don't think they care about that either. Just like people stating what district they're from/in.

I'm from bumfvck, but what these losers in Baltimore, Montgomery, PG and wherever else do effects ME, regardless of who's my actual rep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom