• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dreamquencher

Grammar Nazgûl
    Jan 20, 2013
    Undisclosed Location, MD
    I agree with jwhite407.

dont needs a '.

Its a known, historical fact that the south didnt use apostrophes and punctuation during the civil war...The omission was an act of rebellion as well as a time saver and it saved a great deal of ink that was needed for the war effort.

You funny man. :bs: "Saved ink that was needed for the war effort"...some armchair historian must have written that. Well played, sir, but still BS.

See the Wikipedia entry here. Early literature describing the Gadsden flag "uniformly" included the apostrophe.

SOMDHoya

Jan 17, 2013
    Smores, sorry about the sales tax, I threw this together very quickly and was primarily anticipating Maryland residents to purchase the products.

The Maryland Gadsden now has a Facebook Page. Please like and share with your friends.

I will also be adding a product that will allow you to donate $5 to Maryland Shall Issue along with your order.

So far today alone, only being online a couple of hours, we have raised $13 for Maryland Shall Issue.

I've been so busy getting the products and site up that I have not had time to contact anyone from MSI. If you are on the board there, please email or private message me. I would like to sell some of your products on there as well. Not to mention give you some nice donations on a weekly basis ;)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You funny man. :bs: "Saved ink that was needed for the war effort"...some armchair historian must have written that. Well played, sir, but still BS.

See the Wikipedia entry here. Early literature describing the Gadsden flag "uniformly" included the apostrophe.

More likely it was a concession to the task of hand embroidery on flags , and the fact that at long range the ' is likely to be unreadable in any case.

Let's go with the apostrophe....

FX4

Apr 8, 2013
    Huntingtown
    I just placed my order and made a donation. Thanks for doing this. I'm amazed how quickly this went from idea to product. Well done!

SOMDHoya

Jan 17, 2013
    Proofs came in today and look good.

The only slight concern is the Distress Decal. Because the Maryland flag has to be somewhat subdued and in the background we have to use a lighter color of red, yellow and black. The company I've contracted to create the decals uses a printer that uses a heat transfer process. By using this process instead of a normal inkjet process, the colors will not fade and stand up to UV rays and weather much better than an inkjet version.
    Because of this, there are only so many "true" colors that they can use. Any other lighter versions of these true colors are accomplished by adding in white pixels to give the illusion that it is a lighter color.

What does all of this mean? It means that if you are staring at the Distress decal from a foot away you can see little dots in between the red, yellow and black of the flag. But from a distance of 3 feet or more, there is no way to even tell that the dots are there.

I have made a decision that since these are going to be used primarily as bumper stickers that having colors that won't fade are more important than looking perfect from a foot away.

Here are the proofs so you can see what I mean.

DistressProof.JPG

CrosslandProof.JPG

SOMDHoya

Jan 17, 2013
    Don't worry. These decals are just the tip of the iceberg. Ill be doing a lot of different design in the future and even a contest for who can come up with the best bumper sticker slogan. When elections start to come up I'm even willing to do candidate themed ones!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    A defiant crab clinging to his/her assault rifle would be awsome. The AK-47 would be best. The rifle of revolutions. You could have a mound of spent brass piling up at his/her feet. I mean legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom