• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    If there is anyone reading this at a place displaying a Maryland state flag that isn't at half-staff if you could please ensure it is done I would appreciate it. Thank you.

This is to advise you that Governor Martin O’Malley has ordered the Maryland State Flag flown at half-staff immediately. This is in honor of Firefighter Gene Kirchner, a 7 year veteran of the Reisterstown Volunteer Fire Company, who died today as a result of injuries suffered in the line of duty. The flag shall continue to be flown at half-staff until sunset on the day of interment. When the date of his funeral is determined, an updated notification will be sent. This action is taken under the Protocol for the United States and Maryland State Flag. Any questions on the above should be directed to the Office of the Secretary of State.

http://www.sos.state.md.us/services/flagstatus.aspx

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    This....

and with no dis-respect intended, I thought for a second it was because Owemolly
    was signed the shiza bills......
    sorry

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    Only one flag at the University of Maryland is at half mast. I tried calling various departments and management and got the run around.
    Edit: I got nowhere making calls to every department I could think of including the ROTC ones. I have resorted to social media and have put it on all the UMD facebook pages I found and also tweeted at UMD and the university president.
    Edit Again: My roommates and I have been calling and emailing the university all day. I finally got a response UMD's President's assistant at 3:00pm saying the will lower they flag asap. So far nothing has happened. My roommates are also volunteer firemen. We will continue tomorrow.
    Rest in Peace

Last edited:

fogman

There is going to be an honor guard lining Reisterstown Road this Sunday 9:30am-10:30am to salute the casket of Reisterstown hero Gene Kirchner as his body is driven past Reisterstown Volunteer Fire Department (RVFD) for one last time enroute to its final resting place at Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens in Timonium.

PIT BULL

Mar 5, 2013
    REST IN PEACE Fire Fighter Gene Kirchner. Thoughts and Prayers to the Kirchner family, friends and to the Reisterstown Volunteer Fire Company.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Only one flag at the University of Maryland is at half mast. I tried calling various departments and management and got the run around.
    Edit: I got nowhere making calls to every department I could think of including the ROTC ones. I have resorted to social media and have put it on all the UMD facebook pages I found and also tweeted at UMD and the university president.
    Edit Again: My roommates and I have been calling and emailing the university all day. I finally got a response UMD's President's assistant at 3:00pm saying the will lower they flag asap. So far nothing has happened. My roommates are also volunteer firemen. We will continue tomorrow.
    Rest in Peace

Still flying high... Stay classy UMCP.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    We are still trying unfortunately as of this posting they are still flying at full staff. We keep calling and sending emails yet nothing is being done. I will continue to do all I can.
    My roommates and I even went to the flags today to see if we could do it ourselves. Unfortunately the rope for the flag is inside the poles and locked.
    Edit: One has recently been lowered waiting on the others.
    Edit as of this morning all flags have been lowered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom