• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • landmarke

Mar 2, 2009
    I should have my DC letter today or tomorrow, but still not sure if I am legally allowed to pickup a lower yet. When I filled out the paper work I was not a DC so, its says that on the paperwork. But now I am, do I still need to wait the 30 days for that purchase since the paperwork submitted for it says I'm not a DC? Or does the fact that I'm now a DC trump all?

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    I sent mine in on 7/19 so I think I'm looking at about the first week in Sept. With my recent purchases, that time frame will be just a little behind schedule for me to not have to wait for my multiples but not too long to get in a twist over.....

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    Anyone know if you can get a copy of the APPROVED letter from MSP? I have a feeling mine was lost in the mail. Lauretta says im ok but id like to have the proof.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I should have my DC letter today or tomorrow, but still not sure if I am legally allowed to pickup a lower yet. When I filled out the paper work I was not a DC so, its says that on the paperwork. But now I am, do I still need to wait the 30 days for that purchase since the paperwork submitted for it says I'm not a DC? Or does the fact that I'm now a DC trump all?

You should be clear to pick it up once you've confirmed you're a DC. It shouldn't matter what it says on the paperwork.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Whom do you contact for an honest answer? I e-mailed the general e-mail as directed on their phone recording and got a response back that they were working on applications from April 30. My app was received 7-17.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Mailed mine 6/27. I looked for an email address and can't seem to find one. Can someone give me the email or phone number please! Thanks!

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    I got an email back today. . She said she has my app and will process it as soon as possible. . Didnt seem very reassuring. . No real info.. all I did was slow down my app by 2 minutes while she read and responded. . All you can do is wait.. sending an email just a waste of time

LaoKidd2k

Jul 23, 2013
    So I got my letter in the mail that I've been approved(sent 6/19). Is that it. Just a letter? Is there anything else? Does that mean I need to carry the letter into the dealers?
    Thanks I'm new

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    So I got my letter in the mail that I've been approved(sent 6/19). Is that it. Just a letter? Is there anything else? Does that mean I need to carry the letter into the dealers?
    Thanks I'm new

No, it's simply a status; when you fill out the forms for regulated firearm purchases, you check the box that indicates that you are a designated collector.

That said, while no one will be asking to see the letter, it can't hurt to carry a copy when going to purchase/pick-up.

andrewb

Jun 20, 2013
    I wonder if a call would help yours find the top of the pile.

Called today. She acknowledged that she has my application but did not know when it would be completed. She said that she is on early July for people with guns in the system already but that it takes a little longer for everyone else.

-A

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    Called today. She acknowledged that she has my application but did not know when it would be completed. She said that she is on early July for people with guns in the system already but that it takes a little longer for everyone else.

-A

Well this is actually awesome to hear as I have several firearms in the system over the last several years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom