• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Homer712

Sep 23, 2012
    If you count the day I put my application in the mail box, and the day that I received my approval letter . . . 10 days total (and that's counting Saturday and Sunday). Things seem to be moving along more briskly.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    I put to enhance my personal firearms collection. It took 65 days to get my letter from the SP but now I have it and it comes in handy for buying more than one regulated firearm in a 30 day pd but it also gives you some more rights in MD when transporting your firearms.

Not really. I'm bona fide.

garym

Damn Right, Rebel Proud
    Sep 20, 2009
    Davidsonville
    3 weeks about a month ago. BTW Sure Shot tactical in Glen Burnie will notarize and even mail it for you when you buy a weapon through him.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Do you have to show that paper when buying? I have no ideal where I put mine.

No, your status is kept on file at MSP and there is a box to check on the MD paperwork when you buy a restricted gun ... from now on, just check that box and buy as often as your wallet lets you. :party29:

pilgrim

No, your status is kept on file at MSP and there is a box to check on the MD paperwork when you buy a restricted gun ... from now on, just check that box and buy as often as your wallet lets you. :party29:

Whew, that was the answer I was looking for.

I did not realize how the Federal Curio & Relic License goes hand in hand with the Maryland Designated Collector. Read all about it here! I just mailed my application this week.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I just picked up the form today as I filled out paperwork for a new S&W M&P .
    I'll be sending it in the mail next week.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    There is some good info in this thread. I will be filling out the form and mailing it in this week. Probably won't happen very often where I buy more than one in 30 days but if I came across the right deal I would like to be able to do so.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    I mailed mine on 12/20/12, they received it on 12/24/12 according to the USPS return receipt.

I will update this again when I hear back from them, but nothing yet as of 1/8/13.

Last edited:

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    I would be very patient with the MSP right now because of the massive back log. It sucks but i'm sure they are trying to dig out of the pile of back ground checks.

Dave21042

Feb 17, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    I mailed my application on 12/20 and received my approval letter on 1/5. Letter was dated 1/3. I thought that was pretty fast turn around considering the amount of activity they must be getting at that office and the holidays.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    I mailed my application on 12/20 and received my approval letter on 1/5. Letter was dated 1/3. I thought that was pretty fast turn around considering the amount of activity they must be getting at that office and the holidays.

Seems like anything before the dreaded 21st have gotten back ground checks and letters fairly quickly, anything on or after that has begun the wait. My "not-dissaproved" came back on the 1/5 after submitting on the 21st, and I sent my letter on the 25th. So i'm guessing my letter will be a bit longer in getting too me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom