• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    I just called Cpl. Cusimano about my status. He is busy as you said but he tried to put me into the system but for some reason it was giving him a hard tom because the last gun I bought was a long time ago at a dealer that is no longer in business. He told me if/when I buy my next gun and I get back into the system under a different dealer it would be easier to get me into the system.

So if we never bought a gun they wouldn't be able to put us into the system period? That sucks

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    So if we never bought a gun they wouldn't be able to put us into the system period? That sucks

Well ...not exactly. What he told me is, it would be much easier to do it if my name went in the system under a current dealers who is still active. I think it is possible to fix whatever is wrong at this time but not without him including whoever runs the other DATA bases.

He told me that he would keep trying, but if I did not hear from him telling me that he was able to get the kink work out, to just give him a call right after I bought my next gun.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    The catch 22 for most of us is we want to be considered collectors so it will be for us as it was before the law of the "one gun ever 30 days" went into effect.

The reality is, at today's prices, who can afford to buy that many guns that fast...LOL

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The catch 22 for most of us is we want to be considered collectors so it will be for us as it was before the law of the "one gun ever 30 days" went into effect.

The reality is, at today's prices, who can afford to buy that many guns that fast...LOL

----------------------------------------

Don't Collector's automatically get the special 1993 or 1967 prices? I thought that was the whole point: pinned-barrel Smith & Wessons, $37.50 each...

------

I actually got a call from Cpl. Cusimano today! Voice mail, actually, asking me to voice-mail him my e-mail address so he could contact me with another e-mail for him. Does that make sense? Well, at least he's alive, or he was earlier this afternoon. He's still saying he has 200 letters to get out.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    ----------------------------------------

Don't Collector's automatically get the special 1993 or 1967 prices? I thought that was the whole point: pinned-barrel Smith & Wessons, $37.50 each...

------

I actually got a call from Cpl. Cusimano today! Voice mail, actually, asking me to voice-mail him my e-mail address so he could contact me with another e-mail for him. Does that make sense? Well, at least he's alive, or he was earlier this afternoon. He's still saying he has 200 letters to get out.

The email I sent him did not bounce back to me but he never replied to me like he said he would if he got my email. I will call him again some time next week .

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Got my letter today. Sent the application in on August 12th. Called Cpl Cusimano and posted here on January 6th. Got my letter today, January 22. 5 months and a week. Did someone say they got a card? I just got a letter. But, hey, at least and at last, I'm good to go.

Wish I had some money.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Got my letter today. Sent the application in on August 12th. Called Cpl Cusimano and posted here on January 6th. Got my letter today, January 22. 5 months and a week. Did someone say they got a card? I just got a letter. But, hey, at least and at last, I'm good to go.

Wish I had some money.

If you recall in one of my other posts they were having trouble getting me into their system. The Cpl, C thought it was because the last dealer I bought from is no longer active. The Cpl asked me to give him a call back as soon as I buy mu next gun. Did buy a new gun. (well, new to me) and my paperwork was down at MSP this past week so I called. It turned out my paperwork was their the morning I called and so the Cpl tryed to put my name in the system again. This time it went right in without any problem at all.

But the Cpl told me (and I assume this goes for everyone) I'm in their system as a collector now but I may not get my paperwork/card/or whatever for some time because of how backed they are.

BUT!!! he also told me If I buy another gun before the next 30 day all I have to do is to just tell the dealer I'm in the MSP data base as a collector and I will not have any problem.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Wish I had some money.

If you recall in one of my other posts they were having trouble getting me into their system. The Cpl, C thought it was because the last dealer I bought from is no longer active. The Cpl asked me to give him a call back as soon as I buy mu next gun. Did buy a new gun. (well, new to me) and my paperwork was down at MSP this past week so I called.

It turned out my paperwork was there the morning I called and so the Cpl tried to put my name in the system again. This time it went right in without any problem at all.

But the Cpl told me (and I assume this goes for everyone) I'm in their system as a collector now but I may not get my paperwork/card/or whatever for some time because of how backed they are.

BUT!!! he also told me If I buy another gun before the next 30 day all I have to do is to just tell the dealer I'm in the MSP data base as a collector and I will not have any problem.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I just got a second copy of my letter (I applied and received mine in July.) So it's obvious that they went back and resent a large number of these letters... talk about wasteful rework. So if you applied recently you should be getting a letter soon enough.

Mark

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I just got a second copy of my letter (I applied and received mine in July.) So it's obvious that they went back and resent a large number of these letters... talk about wasteful rework. So if you applied recently you should be getting a letter soon enough.

Mark

I also got a 2nd letter a couple of days ago. I had applied sometime in June and got the first letter I think in Aug. When the 2nd one showed up I couldn't think why the firearms div was sending me something.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    I just got a second letter also. Made me a little nervous seeing a envelope with that return address on it :D.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I just got a second letter also. Made me a little nervous seeing a envelope with that return address on it :D.

For the people who are receiving a second letter it may be happening because the lady who ran this collector program passed away in November.

The trooper who had taken over this job may not have known who had received a letter and who has not. So he may be sending out letters to some people who have already received their first letter because he lust wants to cover his bases and there may be some over lap.

I assume he does not want to leave anyone out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom