• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It may not matter. Once the leftists rig November's election and increase their majority in the Senate their plan is to remove the senatorial filibuster and stack the court with leftist justices...no challenge will ever be heard...from that point they can pass whatever gun control they want to....then it's on...

Yeah, ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    [IMG alt="paperwork351"]https://www.mdshooters.com/data/avatars/m/1/1966.jpg?1639192113[/IMG]

paperwork351

no error code for stupid​

Mar 7, 2008 643 Gaithersburg

Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105 (1943)
    +-

Murdock v. Pennsylvania: It is unconstitutional for a state to tax people selling religious merchandise.

supreme.justia.com

From the Syllabus: 4. A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113.

5. The flat license tax here involved restrains in advance the Constitutional liberties of press and religion, and inevitably tends to suppress their exercise. P. 319 U. S. 114.

7. Since the privilege in question is guaranteed by the Federal Constitution, and exists independently of state authority, the inquiry as to whether the State has given something for which it can ask a return is irrelevant. P. 319 U. S. 115.

Irrelevant?

Renemehan

Mar 4, 2009
    Hanover
    We were the "365" that got in under the stay. We had the choice of going through with the app and being denied, or dropping it altogether. I dropped mine as not to have a denied permit I would have to explain.
    I was one of "the 365"... I eventually got my permit (which has since expired), but the restrictions were such that I never had a situation that met the criteria so I literally never carried a single time in MD.

The whole thing was a waste, and I too am hesitant to jump back into it, spend a bunch of time and money on training/prints/etc, only to have our govt find a way to make it not worth our while (again). The training hours requirements and the price tag associated with the training are ridiculously onerous.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Been waiting for this day to come! Just submitted my MD concealed carry application. This is the text I provided for "Reason for a Handgun Permit (Be Specific)":

PERSONAL PROTECTION AS NOW RECOGNIZED BY NEW YORK STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION INC. V. BRUEN WHICH I INCORPORATE BY REFERENCE IN SUPPORT OF MY APPLICATION.

Now we wait and see what happens!

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Been waiting for this day to come! Just submitted my MD concealed carry application. This is the text I provided for "Reason for a Handgun Permit (Be Specific)":

PERSONAL PROTECTION AS NOW RECOGNIZED BY NEW YORK STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION INC. V. BRUEN WHICH I INCORPORATE BY REFERENCE IN SUPPORT OF MY APPLICATION.

Now we wait and see what happens!
    Keep us posted.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Vets are exempt from training.
    HQLholders, be prepared for 16 more hours of boredom.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If your class was 16 hours of boredom, you had the wrong instructor. Everyone of my students comments that my class would have been worth taking even if the end result was not a paper saying they could apply for a permit.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    [IMG alt="paperwork351"]https://www.mdshooters.com/data/avatars/m/1/1966.jpg?1639192113[/IMG]

paperwork351

no error code for stupid​

Mar 7, 2008 643 Gaithersburg

+-

Murdock v. Pennsylvania: It is unconstitutional for a state to tax people selling religious merchandise.

supreme.justia.com

From the Syllabus: 4. A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113.

5. The flat license tax here involved restrains in advance the Constitutional liberties of press and religion, and inevitably tends to suppress their exercise. P. 319 U. S. 114.

7. Since the privilege in question is guaranteed by the Federal Constitution, and exists independently of state authority, the inquiry as to whether the State has given something for which it can ask a return is irrelevant. P. 319 U. S. 115.

Irrelevant?
    No, not relevant at all. See Cox v. New Hampshire (1941), and Texas Monthly v. Bullock (1989)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    G&S is unconstitutional, but there's no way around the training requirements at this time unless you are otherwise training exempt.

Training

Maryland Wear and Carry Permit Training must be completed before submission of an application. These classes must consist of material on state firearm law, home firearm safety, handgun mechanisms and operation, and a firearms qualification component that demonstrates the applicant’s proficiency and use of the firearm. Unless otherwise exempt from the training requirements, an applicant will need to seek an MSP Qualified or Certified Handgun Instructor and complete a 16-hour training course for an initial application with a minimum 70% accuracy rating by the applicant during the shooting portion of the class. These classes often run anywhere from $250 to $400 and up. An 8-hour course will be required upon renewal of an issued permit.

Wear and Carry Permit Course of Fire (See Basic Practical Handgun Course on page 3)
    Certified Qualification Score Sheet

Who is training exempt?

• a law enforcement officer or a person who is retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or any local law enforcement agency in the State
    • a member, retired member, or honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard
    • a qualified handgun instructor
    Submitting the Application
    Applications for Wear and Carry Permits can only be submitted online via the Maryland State Police Licensing Portal: https://bit.ly/3rrg136
    "Good and substantial reason” must be addressed in the application with additional documentation written by the applicant. It is better to provide an over-abundance of information rather than too little – attachments for this section are encouraged!

Also required with the submission of the application:
    • Proof of training or training exemption
    LIVESCAN fingerprints receipt
    • A non-refundable application fee of $75 paid via credit or debit card
    • Two recent passport-style photos
    • Contact information of current spouse, significant other, co-inhabitant, or most recent partner within the last five years
    • Contact information of at least three unrelated references who've known the applicant for at least two years

If the initial background checks go well, the applicant will then have a face-to-face interview with an MSP trooper or investigator who will ask a variety of personal questions. The interviewer will talk with contact their references and will make a recommendation concerning the permit application. Then, the Licensing Division will issue their final determination and advise the applicant.
    Your training must be complete prior to submitting the application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom