• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Well I was thinking about taking Hafer's course but they are expensive, but they help you do everything. But it also sucks they are doing July's course while I'm out of town.
    https://www-1571q.bookeo.com/bookeo/b_haferstraining_start.html?ctlsrc2=LIZWbILkXeG2qyRy/x2RChkbUnVEwNJu8h0eo49XXEs=&src=03t&devent=41571CALH9318153D6EAA7_2022-07-09_JbKecvsBhTsN
    Shuppies in clearspring does it too. There are days they help you do everything as well. Shaun the owner is a great guy

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I have been trying to log in for the last hour. It wont recognize me, wont send me a reset for my password (even though I created the account a while back, I figured maybe it expired and needed to reset, but it doesn't send me the link. And when I try to re-create an account, thinking maybe they blew me out of the system, nope, it recognizes the DL and email...

I'm going to wait for the other shoe to drop before I celebrate. The leftists in Assapolis have worked way too hard to deny us our rights to just roll over and allow just anyone to get a concealed carry permit. They will do what they always do when faced with a ruling they don't agree with...they will craft legislation that will make it so costly or so regulated that the SCOTUS ruling will be toothless I expect some or all of the following:

Caliber and equipment regulations
    capacity regulations
    expanded gun free zones
    draconian training regulations that are nearly impossible for most people to comply with
    rewriting what is and isn't considered a justifiable use
    Heavily increasing the penalty for failing to follow any of the new regulations

and whatever they can think of to make it so hard or so expensive to get a permit that few people decide to do so...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm going to wait for the other shoe to drop before I celebrate. The leftists in Assapolis have worked way too hard to deny us our rights to just roll over and allow just anyone to get a concealed carry permit. They will do what they always do when faced with a ruling they don't agree with...they will craft legislation that will make it so costly or so regulated that the SCOTUS ruling will be toothless I expect some or all of the following:
    Probably true. I don't think providing them with more ideas on how to screw us is helpful, though. Just a suggestion: you might want to remove the methods you mentioned from your post.

The MD GA is plenty mean, but they don't need us to help them continue the infringements.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member

capacity regulations
    expanded gun free zones
    draconian training regulations that are nearly impossible for most people to comply with

and whatever they can think of to make it so hard or so expensive to get a permit that few people decide to do so...

More reason to do it now rather than waiting. As it stands now, Maryland can not deny you a carry permit as long as you meet current requirements, minus the G&S rule.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

capacity regulations
    expanded gun free zones
    These will be the next fight. It’s only just begun.

Tootallslim

Aug 17, 2021
    So I’m scheduled for my training this weekend for my cc. Do I have to take the class before I apply online?

Thegman

Jul 11, 2021
    So, today's SCOTUS ruling favorably impacts MD residents? I now have a legitimate chance of getting a carry permit in MD?

How do I get started? Where do I apply? What are the associated costs?

Any feedback or guidance is greatly appreciated!

These will be the next fight. It’s only just begun.
    It may not matter. Once the leftists rig November's election and increase their majority in the Senate their plan is to remove the senatorial filibuster and stack the court with leftist justices...no challenge will ever be heard...from that point they can pass whatever gun control they want to....then it's on...

Tootallslim

Aug 17, 2021
    Yes

You can start the application beforehand but cannot submit it until you have the class completed and finger printing done
    Thanks. Will do.

I spoke to the instructor there and he said nothing has changed and that I still have to submit everything under my business and supply all the bs (business license, banking info, and so on).

He said he will keep an eye on on the MSP but as of now there is no change.

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Just an FYI (I took the training recently betting that this decision would come down in our favor... pretty safe bet, though I was 50/50 on it being 5-4 decision):

The Maryland State Police Licensing Division is aware of the US Supreme Court's decision in the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen, Superintendent of New York State Police and it is under legal review. Additional information and guidance will be forthcoming.​

I might give it until Monday before submitting (deferred my fingerprinting since I wasn't sure how soon it would come out, so I still need to do that anyway), but I won't delay too long waiting for them to come back with guidance.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Leave your BSometer home or you will disrupt the class.
    Hahaha yeah. Just checking the box for training as soon as I can. Staff meetings have helped me develop an incredible ability to put my mind somewhere else as complete shenanigans are presented in front if me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom