• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Fifty bucks to go to a pig roast and meet Gov Hogan. Tell him your concerns, eat pig.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Fifty bucks to go to a pig roast and meet Gov Hogan. Tell him your concerns to the pig, eat pig.
    Fixed.

Here is a photo of me waiting for my Maryland carry permit:

th

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    It's time for Governor Hogan to step up to the plate and take a swing at some of his promises.
    did actually make 2A-related promises, though?

Anyone else getting tired of the same old thing?
    not getting tired of NOT having a Democratic governor who will push for anti-gun legislation to burnish his credentials and who would sign any anti-gun bills sent to him, no.

Well this oldMan agrees with Ron, frig their lip-service. If he doesn't get off the pot, he certainly won't receive my vote.
    i'm sure your future Democratic governor will do much more for your gun rights than Hogan has!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

not getting tired of NOT having a Democratic governor who will push for anti-gun legislation to burnish his credentials and who would sign any anti-gun bills sent to him, no.

i'm sure your future Democratic governor will do much more for your gun rights than Hogan has!

You're assuming Hogan is the Republican candidate. I know it's a long shot, but he's gotta understand.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I hate this thread because of the quisling title.

Let the thread die.

We'll pick up this discussion elsewhere.

I'm sure we will more and more as the elections get closer. In the meantime, what the Hell can Hogan accomplish when he's automatically nullified by the AG and MGA? Besides attending fund raising food events and photo ops, that is.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm sure we will more and more as the elections get closer. In the meantime, what the Hell can Hogan accomplish when he's automatically nullified by the AG and MGA? Besides attending fund raising food events and photo ops, that is.

I believe that even if he's defeated by the MGA or AG, just acting on a few items would go far. Trying and failing is better than not trying at all.

I'd rather go 0 for 4 than to never have gotten into the game.

YMMV

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I believe that even if he's defeated by the MGA or AG, just acting on a few items would go far. Trying and failing is better than not trying at all.

I'd rather go 0 for 4 than to never have gotten into the game.

YMMV

Agreed. Better to be beaten after having tried than not trying at all. Giving up is a slippery slope, because if we give up the fight on gun rights, what else might the hard left try to take away? They have to know we won't give up without a fight.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    You're assuming Hogan is the Republican candidate. I know it's a long shot, but he's gotta understand.
    fair point, but:
    a. is there a Republican candidate who wouldn't immediate do worse in the general?
    b. would any Republican seriously attempt to be the guy who knocked out a popular Republican candidate in the primary?

won't say there's NO answer to either, but A seems pretty non-existent.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

I never found one publically. Lots of secret squirrel stuff though. His HPRB scheme is just a setup to provide for the most rabid I have to carry group.

DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    So... A Modest Rant -Read Chris Cox Letter p16 of August American Rifleman

Yeah.. This thread caught my eye cause I'm pretty pessimistic about MD too. It will likely take major changes ( economic collapse, civil war and zombies) to turn MD around and onto the path of Liberty and personal responsibility.

NRA ILA ED Cox had a good article on page 16 of August Am. Rifleman describing how far the USA has advanced in Right to Carry since the 80's. I'm pushing up against the big 50 now and shooting /RKBA has been a big part of my life since childhood , but even I have lost track of how much improvement there has been in the US.

The progression for many states has been ''No issue''to 'Shall Issue' to full recognition of a constitutional right and no guvmint 'permission' at all. Look at the maps. That's pretty damned good. Especially since I have always hated the whole CC "permit" process because of the conditioning it creates when the government is "permitting' you to exercise a right that our founders clearly stated was granted by God.

The bottom line is overall in the entire USA - WE (and Liberty) ARE WINNING ! .. Don't let the piss-ant Marxist Blue Hair Pedo-crats with their MSM servants get you down!

Maybe instead of asking Hogan ( or anyone else) to do something ( yeah I complain about him too) we should just look hard and learn about ways to exercise our freedom as much as possible and wherever possible. I'm really starting to appreciate this Libertarian concept of 'living free' as much as possible.

So how about getting non resident carry 'papers' in other states? At least you can live like a freeman in other states when traveling.

Keep pushing ( Join MSI) and talking to other people about the issue, but try to 'live free' as much as possible NOW! I'm going to keep trying. I keep hoping the Eastern Shore secedes ( and Western MD too !) but until then I'll do my best..

Sending the congress-people little letters showing how 'nice' (read: foolish) and reasonable (read: tamed) you are is a failing strategy - nothing but feel-good stuff. Joining up and being active into groups, NRA, MSI, MSRPA, Local clubs etc is better.

Living free and telling other people about the issues in rationale, informed and confident/respectful ways is the ticket. Letters to the Ed ( if they'll publish them) is 'OK' but always remember that the press is the enemy of Liberty nowadays - they will manage your entry into their turf.

But please stop expecting Hogan to have courage and become a defender of our rights.. That's not what he is and you can't change him. He's an Establishment 'appointee' in the R party and he's there to get you to let your guard down - to become complacent . When/If Pres. Trump finally let's the forces loose on the traitors and pervs in our government, we might learn more about our 'Hoagie' - just a hunch.. Rant concluded.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    We traveled West recently. As soon as I left Maryland, I could carry concealed in nine of eleven states visited. Only time I felt it prudent was when the boy magically states he needs to pee, at the Topeka city center exit.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I never found one publically. Lots of secret squirrel stuff though. His HPRB scheme is just a setup to provide for the most rabid I have to carry group.

So the female head of nursing is a rabid I have to carry nutbag? How about the female doctor? Or what about the Vietnam vet who owns a Security business and has had a permit for many years and got the shaft by MSP, is he a rabid I have to carry guy?

Interesting that you call it a "scheme", I'm sure Jumping Jen and Guzzling Liz also refer to it in that manner.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not Schipperke , and in this instance have no clue to read his mind on this.

But generally : In Britsh English Scheme is standard terminology for any government licensing or regulatory program , and is nuetral . ie driver license scheme , fishing scheme, traffic control scheme, etc .

When * I * use "scheme" in a USA context it is double entendre, and irony to point out absurdity and arbitraryness. But probably too subtle and goes over most heads, unless they also read UK based gun and sporting publications.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I'm not Schipperke , and in this instance have no clue to read his mind on this.

But generally : In Britsh English Scheme is standard terminology for any government licensing or regulatory program , and is nuetral . ie driver license scheme , fishing scheme, traffic control scheme, etc .

When * I * use "scheme" in a USA context it is double entendre, and irony to point out absurdity and arbitraryness. But probably too subtle and goes over most heads, unless they also read UK based gun and sporting publications.

It's a scheme either way someone use the word. It's "Maryland neutral or Maryland fair" because those most rabid about it and those with the most disposable means and more importantly the time and can properly articulate their case on a good night or those able to afford representation can get a permit, some of the time. So it's fair to those the board feel meet their standard on their particular night. It's just not , say, Virginia or Florida or Utah, fair where everyone who should be able to get a permit does.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    It's a scheme either way someone use the word. It's "Maryland neutral or Maryland fair" because those most rabid about it and those with the most disposable means and more importantly the time and can properly articulate their case on a good night or those able to afford representation can get a permit, some of the time. So it's fair to those the board feel meet their standard on their particular night. It's just not , say, Virginia or Florida or Utah, fair where everyone who should be able to get a permit does.
    Well said sir!

Jumpmaster!

Aug 28, 2014
    I agree, Maryland politicians would rather get elected than support our Constitutional rights. They vilify the NRA and lawful gun owners while ignoring the criminal activity of their constituents.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    ...Maybe instead of asking Hogan ( or anyone else) to do something ( yeah I complain about him too) we should just look hard and learn about ways to exercise our freedom as much as possible and wherever possible. I'm really starting to appreciate this Libertarian concept of 'living free' as much as possible.

So how about getting non resident carry 'papers' in other states? At least you can live like a freeman in other states when traveling.

Keep pushing ( Join MSI) and talking to other people about the issue, but try to 'live free' as much as possible NOW! I'm going to keep trying. I keep hoping the Eastern Shore secedes ( and Western MD too !) but until then I'll do my best..

Sending the congress-people little letters showing how 'nice' (read: foolish) and reasonable (read: tamed) you are is a failing strategy - nothing but feel-good stuff. Joining up and being active into groups, NRA, MSI, MSRPA, Local clubs etc is better.

Living free and telling other people about the issues in rationale, informed and confident/respectful ways is the ticket. Letters to the Ed ( if they'll publish them) is 'OK' but always remember that the press is the enemy of Liberty nowadays - they will manage your entry into their turf...

Welcome to the fight, sir. The more you poke around here on MDS the more you will see that we are already out there with the Maryland-based Patriot Picket--we just need you and other fired-up citizens to join in.

Look for our Calls To Action regularly on this forum. Although the Patriot Picket's was formed to demonstrate against infringement at our State Capitol, we will cross state lines anytime to get the job done. The first picture is our crew (with Rifle Open Carry) at the NRA Building in Virginia to confront Leftists protesting there. And then again in front of the White House in Washington DC. Join us!

As these pictures show, more NEW conservative media is developing every week!

Attachments

• IMG_8750.jpg
      IMG_8750.jpg
      91.2 KB · Views: 133
    • IMG_8745.jpg
      IMG_8745.jpg
      65.7 KB · Views: 138

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members