• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Jan-Apl 2012 Update

1st: Thanks & Congrats to the January shooters for an outstanding, albeit, COLD weekend. SIX new Rifleman and TWO Requals were added to the ranks...
    That's better than 50% success rate, compared to the national average of 15%!
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2nd: Remaining class availability spots on the line:
    February: 0 Slots left Now SOLD OUT 2/1
    March: SOLD OUT
    April: 0 Slots left Now SOLD OUT 2/2

Sign up NOW....Don't miss YOUR chance at earning that Winterseed Rifleman designation at the Feb class... There's only a handful of chances each year to earn it... http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=MD&statename=Maryland

BeSwift

Last edited:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My 10/22 is at Gun Connection now to get sling swivels and Tech Sights. Need to get some range time to get it sighted in after that.

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    BIG News and an Update : Attention Ladies!

1) BIG NEWS! May's Appleseed is one of the extremely rare LADIES ONLY
    events known at Ladyseeds... We're bringing in the best FEMALE instructors
    from across the USA to instruct an ALL female class.. Don't wait to
    girlfriends on the line.. Sign up is NOW LIVE: Only 9 spots left as of today.
    http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2745051523

2) Another appeal to those Rifleman, or soon to be Rifleman, who belong to other gun clubs in the area... The schedule is sold out right now.. We NEED to get more clubs to host us... I need YOU to make that happen.. Unless there is a demand from inside a club by their members, the local clubs look at me like I'm nuts when I ask for them to host one... MAKE YOUR VOICES KNOWN TO YOUR CLUB LEADERSHIP that YOU WANT APPLESEED at YOUR club. If you make headway, drop me PM or email, and I'll take it from there. appleseedmaryland@gmail.com

3) February Shooters: We're 9 days out, so get your gear squared and ready to roll. If you have any questions, contact me. If you need any gear, contact me.. If you CAN'T make it.. PLEASE let me know so I can get another shooter on the line... DRESS WARM, bring handwarmers, and a thermos of something warm...

Maryland needs more Rifleman... Appleseed is the answer...:thumbsup: BeSwift

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    My 10/22 is at Gun Connection now to get sling swivels and Tech Sights. Need to get some range time to get it sighted in after that.

Did you forget which end of the screwdriver to use? The rear sight uses two screws and the front is pretty easy as well. sling swivels just need a pilot hole drilled and screw right in. Crap if you have a laser boresighter the whole thing could be done in under a half hour.

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    2 Slots Open at MARCH Shoot NOW>> ACT QUICK>>>

2 Slots open for the March Appleseed in Annapolis... Mar 17-18...
    Act QUICK to take advantage of this last minute cancellation.. Make someone else's loss, YOUR gain...
    http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2502555210

PS: I expect to have some REALLY big news very soon, regarding Appleseed locally, so stay tuned....

BeSwift

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    BIG Appleseed News! New CENTERFIRE Shoot! 3/31-4/1

New Shoot Announcement! :gun1:

OK... All you shooters who've lamented over the past 2 yrs that they're waiting to do Appleseed, when they can use a centerfire rifle...
    Your excuse is being removed! Grab that AR, Garand, M1A, SKS, AK and get ready to roll! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    (you can still use rimfire if you like, to save $$$ on ammo..you'll need at least 500 rnds:D)

Bridgeville, DE 3/31-4/1 Centerfire is ALLOWED! 30 spots on the line!
    http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3151318679

For those unfamiliar, Bridgeville is LITERALLY within spitting distance of the MD line... It takes me about 60 min from Annapolis..IF I keep it to the speed limit...

Do not wait to sign up. This class WILL sell out quickly, as there are many folks who've been waiting to do a centerfire event...

I'm really psyched for this one! It's great to have another range on-board with saving our country, even if it isn't technically in Maryland.. BeSwift

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Congratulations to the group that qualified for their rifleman patches today at AAF&G ... the largest number of shooters that has ever qualified at an AAF&G Appleseed on the first day of the event. I think it was something like 45%.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Congratulations to the group that qualified for their rifleman patches today at AAF&G ... the largest number of shooters that has ever qualified at an AAF&G Appleseed on the first day of the event. I think it was something like 45%.

Wow! That's outstanding news. Congratulations everyone!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Neither my daughter nor I got our rifleman patches, but we both enjoyed the weekend immensely and I learned a lot and greatly improved my shooting (with how bad I was, that wasn't hard!).

Special thanks to Whywon and Carl for their patience and very pleasant demeanor, Betsy for running the show and Andy's great telling of the history.

Brian, you have a great crew!

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    I'm sorry I missed this group, til late Sunday.. All indications are that this was an OUTSTANDING class, and group of students. I'll be watching for an After Action Report on the Appleseed Forums...

While I'm posting, don't forget the Bridgeville, DE CENTERFIRE shoot on 3/31-4/1... This shoot is going to be the last time a statewide inaugural shoot is possible and a major milestone for the Appleseed Project.. The 50th state.... It's gonna be a GOOD ONE!

BeSwift

calpwm

Sep 17, 2010
    Sign up for Bridgeville... Garands welcome and encouraged! :thumbsup: BeSwift

Hey Brian!
    Sorry to have missed you this weekend but was glad you got a break. The event was really good and Betsy, Andy and gang did a really great job.

Any details on how shooting will be done in Bridgeville? Everything at a set distance or will we actually have the real distances to shoot at if you have a CF gun?

Just curious and thanks as always for all the work you put into the program. I am going to try to make it but still trying to figure out logistics.

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    "Hey Brian!
    Sorry to have missed you this weekend but was glad you got a break. The event was really good and Betsy, Andy and gang did a really great job.

Any details on how shooting will be done in Bridgeville? Everything at a set distance or will we actually have the real distances to shoot at if you have a CF gun?

Just curious and thanks as always for all the work you put into the program. I am going to try to make it but still trying to figure out logistics. "

I did a range inspection this AM.. Unless further info comes to light, this event will be done as a regular Appleseed on reduced size targets at standard distance. IF we can hit a home run with this event, I'm hoping to be able to add a full distance or KD component to any future events that we might be able to put together... We gotta crawl before we can walk as this is a new facility for us... BeSwift

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    New Shoot Announcement! :gun1:

OK... All you shooters who've lamented over the past 2 yrs that they're waiting to do Appleseed, when they can use a centerfire rifle...
    Your excuse is being removed! Grab that AR, Garand, M1A, SKS, AK and get ready to roll! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    (you can still use rimfire if you like, to save $$$ on ammo..you'll need at least 500 rnds:D)

Bridgeville, DE 3/31-4/1 Centerfire is ALLOWED! 30 spots on the line!
    http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3151318679

For those unfamiliar, Bridgeville is LITERALLY within spitting distance of the MD line... It takes me about 60 min from Annapolis..IF I keep it to the speed limit...

Do not wait to sign up. This class WILL sell out quickly, as there are many folks who've been waiting to do a centerfire event...

I'm really psyched for this one! It's great to have another range on-board with saving our country, even if it isn't technically in Maryland.. BeSwift

OK... 1 week til the shoot and only 7 shooters signed up??? At a Centerfire allowed shoot no less???

We REALLY need to have a strong showing at this inaugural shoot if we want to have any shot (no pun intended) for future full distance shoots at this facility.. If you can make this shoot, please do so, and bring a friend, family and the kids.. We gotta a country to save..one Rifleman at a time..

Those who've attended the rimfire shoots at Annapolis and made Rifleman, or are still working on it, should really put their skills to the test using Centerfire.. Bust out that Garand, M1A, or AR and see how you fare on the rapid fire, transitions and reloads..

Lets do this folks.. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    BeSwift

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom