• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Maryland Antique Arms Show is this upcoming weekend, September 26/27 from 9:00-5:00 and 9:00-3:00 respectively. In Timonium, Maryland

It's a relatively newer show, just starting last year. 500 Tables

Lot's of neat old firearms and militaria. Mainly Antique guns, but there was quite a few C&R firearms when I went last year.

Come down and support it if you can! It's cool to have a new show spring up in the area, if we support it enough it might just stick around.

http://www.marylandmilitariashow.com/

Jul 1, 2012
    Looking at the promo it looks like a traveling museum!
    At the very least a chance to get some edumacation...

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Under no circumstances may any post-1945 manufactured handguns or shoulder arms be sold, traded, displayed, or otherwise change ownership at this show.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    There is still some stuff that falls in this area i might like

PUBLIC:
    Saturday, September 26, 2015, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Sunday, September 27, 2015, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

EXHIBIT AND SALE ITEMS:

Sale and display items are restricted to militaria and weapons prior to 1945. Dealers without an FFL may sell antique weapons prior to 1898 vintage. Any vendors with post-1898 weapons must have an FFL or a Relic & Curio license as prescribed by law. Absolutely no flea market, survivalist, or inappropriate materiel will be permitted. By signing this form you agree to abide by these regulations. We reserve the right to have any materials we deem inappropriate removed from a sale or display table. Under no circumstances may any post-1945 manufactured handguns or shoulder arms be sold, traded, displayed, or otherwise change ownership at this show. Reproduction items must be so marked. Any misrepresentation with intent to defraud will result in refusal of space at future Maryland Militaria shows and may result in prosecution. All cartridge handguns and permitted cartridge shoulder arms must have the hammer tied down or the action tied shut so that they cannot be operated and cartridges cannot be put in the chamber. You are responsible for knowing and abiding by all city, state, and federal laws involving the sale or transfer of pre-1945 manufactured handguns and shoulder arms. Black powder or explosives in any form, and modern devices they are used in, are forbidden. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO loaded weapons or live artillery shells allowed in the hall at any time. Please check all arms for loads. ONLY show and security personnel may possess modern weapons in the hall. Violations may result in eviction from the facility and/or prosecution.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i hope the prices aren't as high as the the original Baltimore Antique Arms Show.
    :innocent0

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    i hope the prices aren't as high as the the original Baltimore Antique Arms Show.

:innocent0

Hopefully fewer scammers. I got taken by a couple of guys from Savannah, GA a few shows back. Wasn't until I got home and disassembled the rifle that I discovered my Springfield was a rewat. Of course the sellers never responded to my emails. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Hopefully fewer scammers. I got taken by a couple of guys from Savannah, GA a few shows back. Wasn't until I got home and disassembled the rifle that I discovered my Springfield was a rewat. Of course the sellers never responded to my emails. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I would have contacted the Show Producers and made it known to them. They should know about it when someone they contracted to their show screws over a customer... I believe that it tends to make sour grapes issues for years and people don't return. That means less money for the producers.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    There is still some stuff that falls in this area i might like

PUBLIC:
    Saturday, September 26, 2015, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Sunday, September 27, 2015, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

EXHIBIT AND SALE ITEMS:

Sale and display items are restricted to militaria and weapons prior to 1945. Dealers without an FFL may sell antique weapons prior to 1898 vintage. Any vendors with post-1898 weapons must have an FFL or a Relic & Curio license as prescribed by law. Absolutely no flea market, survivalist, or inappropriate materiel will be permitted. By signing this form you agree to abide by these regulations. We reserve the right to have any materials we deem inappropriate removed from a sale or display table. Under no circumstances may any post-1945 manufactured handguns or shoulder arms be sold, traded, displayed, or otherwise change ownership at this show. Reproduction items must be so marked. Any misrepresentation with intent to defraud will result in refusal of space at future Maryland Militaria shows and may result in prosecution. All cartridge handguns and permitted cartridge shoulder arms must have the hammer tied down or the action tied shut so that they cannot be operated and cartridges cannot be put in the chamber. You are responsible for knowing and abiding by all city, state, and federal laws involving the sale or transfer of pre-1945 manufactured handguns and shoulder arms. Black powder or explosives in any form, and modern devices they are used in, are forbidden. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO loaded weapons or live artillery shells allowed in the hall at any time. Please check all arms for loads. ONLY show and security personnel may possess modern weapons in the hall. Violations may result in eviction from the facility and/or prosecution.
    The rules and regs kind of contradict themselves on the show information page. Just below the paragraph you quoted above, it says in bold, that no post-1898 handguns can be sold, traded, or change ownership at this show ??

I did not know about this show in only its second year. Basically sounds like a mini-MACA show. I have had tables at the big show in March and actually just got paperwork last week from MACA about the next one in March 2016. I will have to try and make it out to Timonium for this weekend. These shows are very impressive even if not buying just looking at all the antique merchandise that will be there is amazing.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Post-1898 handguns cannot be sold, traded, or change ownership at the Maryland Antique Arms Show under any circumstances.

This is BS for a dealer at the show. it should have said 'to a MD resident'. It is totally lawful for an out of state C&R holder to receive a C&R item in MD at a show and walk out with it with proper paperwork.

JWLaRue

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Nov 23, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Why can't a Maryland resident purchase a post 1898 handgun at a/the show? Especially if they are a C&R holder. True, they'd have to wait the seven days before taking possession....

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Why can't a Maryland resident purchase a post 1898 handgun at a/the show? Especially if they are a C&R holder. True, they'd have to wait the seven days before taking possession....

C&R holder means ZIP for in state transfers. An FFL dealer should be able to sell the gun at the show but just follow the law for the final transfer. The statement on the website is a bit misleading and just wrong.
    If your at a show selling a gun, your gonna wanna take some $$ before you take the handgun off the market. The show can't control that. But denying an out of state C&R holder the right to purchase and walk out in full compliance with the law is absurd to me.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think they're just being cautious due to crappy Maryland laws, especially since quite a few of the dealers/collectors are probably from out of state just like with the show in March.

If I remember right, I believe the same promoter is having a show at the Eisenhower Convention Center in Gettysburg the weekend of October 24/25. They may allow post 1898 handguns there since it's in PA (don't quote me on that though).

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just pulled in. Parking lot looks like it's got a fair amount of people. I'll give a show report when I'm back. If anyone else comes down. I'm a younger looking guy in a blue/white flannel shirt carrying a rifle. Feel free to introduce yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom