• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I've read it on this site before and can't find where so please help me out.
    It's been said that part of the reason MD does not have 2A as part of the state constitution and part of the reason that gun laws are so tough here is that they wanted to keep guns out of the hands of blacks...and maybe other minorities (can't recall if that was part of it).
    I'm looking for that reference, or any reference to any idea of the sort. I'm writing a college term paper (history) and the prof agreed to allow me to do it on 2A vis a vis civil rights. I want to attempt to frame things pretty narrowly to MD so the information requested above would be a big help. Any other ideas, greatly appreciated as well.
    I had also heard/read somewhere that MLK(jr) had once applied for a handgun permit and was denied. I searched for that information for over an hour last night and could not find anything.
    Again, any assistance greatly appreciated.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Md. does NOT need a 2A part of its Constitution since it would be redundant with the part that recognizes the US Constitution as being the supreme law of the state.

Art. 2. The Constitution of the United States, and the Laws made, or which shall be made, in pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, are, and shall be the Supreme Law of the State; and the Judges of this State, and all the People of this State, are, and shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or Law of this State to the contrary notwithstanding.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    What you have described is also the reasoning behind the gun control act of 1968. The alleged reasoning of the laws were to keep guns out of the hands of Blacks. So they hit it on all of us. I am sure Maryland was using the same reasoning. To research that you could probably do a google search and see what comes up.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Check out Ken Blanchard's site ... and ask on his Urban Shooter forum link.

Black Man with a Gun

History: The Racist Origins of Gun Control Laws Designed To Disarm Slaves, Freedmen, And African-Americans

Blanchard lives in Upper Marlboro in the PRofMD.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Md. does NOT need a 2A part of its Constitution since it would be redundant with the part that recognizes the US Constitution as being the supreme law of the state.

I find fault with this logic. Look at states that have open carry and are shell issue they all have constitutions that reinforce the induviduals right to keep and bare arms. Then again scense the war of nothern agression Maryland has been nothing but a lap dog for its federal masters.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This link might be of interest. Entitled "No Guns For Negros", it is put out by "Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership", a group that holds strong opinions on the subject.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ngn-download-view.htm

It's not Maryland-specific, but it addresses the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom