• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Yesterday at The Gun Shop, I came across a Marlin 922M that looks okay but is missing the folding leaf and elevator on the rear sight. This is the .22 WMR version of the Camp 9 and Camp 45 carbines. What attracted me was the low price. They're hard to find and about $100 to $200 more than this one's ticket price. I took the chance.

My research tells me it was made in late 1995, with a nicely checkered walnut stock and a rubber recoil butt pad. Turned out it's in pretty good shape inside, the recoil buffer is fine and everything seems to be barely used. I gave it a lick and a promise wipe-down and took it to FreeState today after ordering a new rear sight leaf and elevator from Brownells - cheaper than Numrich, interestingly enough.

No rear sight means it shot high, like a full foot at 25 yards, and correspondingly lower as the distance decreased. At 7 yards, five rounds made one ragged hole. I need lower profile hearing protection to get a good cheek weld. I think I could get this thing to consistently ring a small steel plate at the AGC's 100 yard range.

Out of 135 rounds it managed to stovepipe 4 or 5 times, not sure why but I'll clean the bejeezus out of it before firing it again. The magazine... I want to meet the evil genius who designed this magazine, and kill him very slowly. It is a pain in the ass to load. I must find or fabricate a speed loading tool.

I'm looking for extra magazines; they seem to be $15 to $25, 5 rounds instead of 7, and all plated, not blued. Any help with that endeavor is appreciated.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Not all that impressive to look at, the stock has a couple dings and the bluing is scratched up at the rear sight - I'd like to know why the folding leaf was removed in the first place. I will get some pics taken for recording purposes and put them up here sooner or later. For now, I'm just glad the dang thing has all the important parts, and works. :gun7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom