• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ha-- she's pushing 15 and used to be ALL black... rescued/found her as a 6 month old pup--- seems to be a pit and lab mix, but the sweetest girl you'd ever meet--- with horrible breath... GREAT with our kids that came along and are now 10......

I had the same mix when i was married. Lost him in the divorce. We put him down last thursday at 13. He had been collapsing lately and they didnt know what the issue was. His blood counts were all over the board. The last time was pretty rough so off to the great doghouse in the sky. They think now it was a brain tumor. Stormy was a great dog, we got him as a companion dog for our first Irish wolfhound. My son is pretty broken up.

RIP Stormy my friend.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I had the same mix when i was married. Lost him in the divorce. We put him down last thursday at 13. He had been collapsing lately and they didnt know what the issue was. His blood counts were all over the board. The last time was pretty rough so off to the great doghouse in the sky. They think now it was a brain tumor. Stormy was a great dog, we got him as a companion dog for our first Irish wolfhound. My son is pretty broken up.

RIP Stormy my friend.

Sorry to hear... Buddy had a "sister" Sammy- yellow lab-- who we also rescued about 2 years before Buddy and we had to put her down 3 years ago... Tough days for sure... I know one day soon I'll miss Buddy's stinky kisses, but until then she keeps begging for the crusts I cut off my daughter's peanut butter sandwich every morning, so she's doing good for now....She still gets in the mix with the kids every so often but sure does love to sleep now... a lot.....:thumbsup:

Muggs

Nov 21, 2010
    Cumberland
    I have a 1973 version that needs some rework. I need to get moving on it. It needs a new front sight assembly. Any thoughts on parts? Marlin sucks to order from and i dont know if they have the old parts. This was my first gun. Times are changing. My son (11) got his first gun 2 years ago. I built him a spikes dedicated .22 with KAC rail and sparc red dot. Pretty good for a kid.

Check with MidwayUSA. I just got a new trigger assembly for my Model 60. About $18. They had a lot of sights, front and rear listed. Under $10 for the most part.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I have a 1973 version that needs some rework. I need to get moving on it. It needs a new front sight assembly. Any thoughts on parts? Marlin sucks to order from and i dont know if they have the old parts. This was my first gun. Times are changing. My son (11) got his first gun 2 years ago. I built him a spikes dedicated .22 with KAC rail and sparc red dot. Pretty good for a kid.

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3603

DIP makes a good trigger too- but if you get the new trigger guard-- it won't fit the old 1973 stock----- I suggest just getting the trigger....$25ish...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    RESURGANCE!!!!

So my brother in law is having issues with his Model 60 and I am a little upset at how cheap this thing is. The front sight post is plastic and anchored on the front of the gun with a small allen bolt. The bolt has come loose (from it being 20+ years old) and when he shoots it the entire front sight post and magazine tube flys out of the gun. It looks like some loctite will cure this issue but has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? I have taken the gun apart and the internals are clean as can be. Anyone pick up any aftermarket parts to remedy this? Ideally I'd like one solid piece of metal and not a plastic front sight, front sight bracket, and front sight hood.

Figured id check here first before going to the good old WWW.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a Model 60 from the 90's. Have not had either of those problems. I replaced the trigger guard and trigger with a metal after market and also the springs in the trigger pack.

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156306&CAT=3603
    http://www.mcarbo.com/store/p/27-Marlin-60-Trigger-Spring-Kit.aspx

This is a nice scope base:
    https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=164828&CAT=3603

One issue I did have was the nut that secures the screw to the stock fell into the trigger pack and caused the bolt release to break; was able to find a replacement at Midway.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/753782/marlin-bolt-release-lever-marlin-60-60c

You can find just about any replacement part for a Model 60 on-line. Midway has a complete trigger pack if yours is a little long in the tooth and you want a new one. However - there is very little when it comes to custom parts.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Wife has a Model 60. Loves it.
    I like it too. It's one hell of an accurate gun for 160 bucks. Definitely worth the cash if you're thinking about picking one up.

I do like those Boyd's stocks. Might have to look into getting one

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom