• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • so, i'm really liking the marlin 1894C lever action and wanted to know if anyone has one... i just love the fact its a pistol caliber so, i wouldn't have any problems taken it to my local indoor range... also, i love the fact you have to work the action to load the next round which gives it that fun factor & interaction...

looking at getting it chambered for 357/38....

any ideas/recommendations?...

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I have one. Nice gun. Actually have to take it out more often. .357 recoil is tame out of it. If you can find one, buy it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Love my 1894 in .44. The .357's are harder to find and I'd snap one up in a heartbeat if I could find it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Other thought is that you're going to need a pair of Ruger Vaqueros to go with that rifle after you get it. Lever actions are addictive as hell. If you really want a sweet shooter, find a Marlin 39A. Yes, it's a $500+ .22 rifle, but it's the epitome of a tack driver and all the fun of a lever gun on cheap ammo.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The Marlin is indeed a nice rifle, but I ended up with a puma M92 and couldn't be happier, the prices on their web site must be flat out wrong, I only paid around $400 for mine in 357mag brand new from Just Guns about a year ago. It has been very accurate and reliable, and uses a winchester type action with 2 vertical locking bars, it is also smaller than the marlin, and a blast to shoot. And Joppa is right, you need at least one hog leg to go with it.

laying on top of my Marlin 30-30
    S7300237.jpg

http://www.legacysports.com/products/puma/index.html

Also, they make possibly the coolest 22, saw it at the Harrisburg gun show, runs a little less than the GSG-5, but has a 50rd drum and is basically a mini PPS
    PUM_22LR.jpg

Other thought is that you're going to need a pair of Ruger Vaqueros to go with that rifle after you get it. Lever actions are addictive as hell. If you really want a sweet shooter, find a Marlin 39A. Yes, it's a $500+ .22 rifle, but it's the epitome of a tack driver and all the fun of a lever gun on cheap ammo.

LOL!.. yea.. thats the same thought i had, i maybe be inclined to get a revolver if i get this lever action!... this just never stops:banghead: that marlin is nice but, whats also a decent .22 is the henry's... i actually had 1 years ago... i can't forgive myself for getting rid of the thing either :mad: not only that, now that i'm even thinking about getting this 357 lever action, i even feel dumber that i had traded in my gp100 as well :facepalm:

i tell ya... i think back at some of my fine pieces and wished i had never departed from them :sad53:

The Marlin is indeed a nice rifle, but I ended up with a puma M92 and couldn't be happier, the prices on their web site must be flat out wrong, I only paid around $400 for mine in 357mag brand new from Just Guns about a year ago. It has been very accurate and reliable, and uses a winchester type action with 2 vertical locking bars, it is also smaller than the marlin, and a blast to shoot. And Joppa is right, you need at least one hog leg to go with it.

laying on top of my Marlin 30-30
    View attachment 7153

http://www.legacysports.com/products/puma/index.html

Also, they make possibly the coolest 22, saw it at the Harrisburg gun show, runs a little less than the GSG-5, but has a 50rd drum and is basically a mini PPS
    View attachment 7152

those are some nice pieces.... a friend of mine has the same marlin as well... beautifully made and a smooth action...

very nice collection though :thumbsup:

alpo

Dec 12, 2008
    I have one also. I like to shoot it but one thing to think about is the lever. If you can get one with the big D lever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom