• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Happy to unexpectedly help. :)

If you swing by Frederick sometime, I'd be happy to take you to the nearby IWLA range so you can see if this Ruger American meets expectations. I got the one with the more traditional LOP, but have seen both pop up in availability. It is a compact and lightweight platform.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Happy to unexpectedly help. :)

If you swing by Frederick sometime, I'd be happy to take you to the nearby IWLA range so you can see if this Ruger American meets expectations. I got the one with the more traditional LOP, but have seen both pop up in availability. It is a compact and lightweight platform.

Most of the time my due diligence turns up good info. Your thread is a terrific resource! :thumbsup:

I checked with Cabela's...Of course they do not have the Ruger in stock anywhere either. :mad54: Wonderful!: Advertise a sale price, but have no inventory? Really? That make’s great sense! “I’ll sell you one for half price, but I really don’t have any…” :sad20:

I’m about done with Cabela’s. Problem is they’re the only option for the dayum award card I have... :banghead:

I don't get to Fredrick very often. But you're not all that far from Garrett County. There's always an open invitation for you to attend a Hooligan shoot...;)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just saw this. Very polite of you. Always enjoy seeing pictures of the Hooligans get togethers. Will maybe talk to DA about a future road trip out there when you all are shooting. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the Ruger American Blackout is hard to find, even beyond Cabela's.

Here is the one with the shorter length of trigger pull ...

http://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/736676069705?upc_only=1&is_firearms_wikiarms=0

Only Kentucky Gun seems to have it in stock (and this price is reasonable).

Here is the one that I got with the more traditional length of pull ...

http://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/736676069682?upc_only=1&is_firearms_wikiarms=0

Cabela's putatively has it in stock now as you can see on the list, but the price is a bit higher for these when I was shopping. I bought at $360 (and had seen them as low as $330 but was too late to get in on that pricing).

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "Sounds like a good plan B to me...

Input, y'all????"

If you have been looking to fill the big bone busting bore gap in the collection for awhile I would hold out for the Marlin. Will plan A still be causing an itch you need to scratch? I can see where the 1895 Marlin in 45-70 would fill a niche. Just filling a firearm buying urge with the Ruger? Would you actually be filling a niche with the 300 BO Ruger? Or duplicating what you can do with a good AR top end? Questions to ask yourself...been there, done that - lots. Some itches are momentary superficial wants...some are deep down in the bones.

I went through this with a Les Baer pistol...for a very long time. Scratched the itch with lots of similars and as goods, but not the Baer. Itch persisted money was tight. After putting the idea of a Baer pistol on the long term back burner I finally pegged one when I least expected circumstances to be favorable and a Baer pistol to be available. The itch was scratched and gone.

Good luck either way!

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    "Sounds like a good plan B to me...

Input, y'all????"

If you have been looking to fill the big bone busting bore gap in the collection for awhile I would hold out for the Marlin. Will plan A still be causing an itch you need to scratch? I can see where the 1895 Marlin in 45-70 would fill a niche. Just filling a firearm buying urge with the Ruger? Would you actually be filling a niche with the 300 BO Ruger? Or duplicating what you can do with a good AR top end? Questions to ask yourself...been there, done that - lots. Some itches are momentary superficial wants...some are deep down in the bones.

I went through this with a Les Baer pistol...for a very long time. Scratched the itch with lots of similars and as goods, but not the Baer. Itch persisted money was tight. After putting the idea of a Baer pistol on the long term back burner I finally pegged one when I least expected circumstances to be favorable and a Baer pistol to be available. The itch was scratched and gone.

Good luck either way!

Good analogy.

I had bought my 1895G and then discovered the 1895CB.
    I was walking around a gunshow (Showplace Arena) with a friend of mine, shortly after neck surgery, and 3R Guns was at the show, with this NIB 1895CB.

I saw the price, and did NOT hesitate.

Last week, a friend told me that he was helping to liquidate some 'stuff' that a widow had asked him to clean up.

I got 150 pieces of virgin .45-70 brass. Winchester and Starline.
    (These are getting put away for a rainy day. I already have 500 pieces of once-fired stuff.)

Got an itch?????
    SCRATCH it!!!!!

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    "When You've Given Up All Hope" - Time for a Thread Revival...

I had accepted my search for a Marlin 1895CB was like finding a red herring. During the discussion and input here I asked the manager at Cabela's in Triadelphia, WV to add me to his "waiting list" for my "Plan B" -> the Ruger American Ranch in 300 BLK.

I figured that was the last I'd hear of it... Kinda like "Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath", right?

Out of the blue I received a call from Cabela's yesterday. Seems they have a Ruger Ranch in 300 BLK set aside with MY name on it. :party29:

Anyone here want to place bets on whether or not this Hooligan stops by Cabela's next Monday and starts a new thread - with MANY pics?????

:innocent0

:D

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Congrats! Pick up a brake or flash hider (larger .30 caliber size of course) if you get a chance when up there.

Here's a pretty good ammo deal if stocking up ...

http://www.ozarkordnance.com/300-AAC-Blackout-150gr-FMJ-Qty-250_p_15.html

Much appreciated. fidelity. I have several accessories on my shopping list including optics, rings, a bipod. and something to screw onto the muzzle. At some point a suppressor is chirping in my ear...;)

That's some of the most economical ammo prices I've seen. :thumbsup: Fact is I load my own 300 BLK and have a huge stash of 223/556 cases on hand...:innocent0

Thanks again for your review thread on the Ruger... This should be a LOT of fun...
    :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom