• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    anyone intrested in trying to get a group buy on some of these?

they are pricey at over $2600 but cant find a bad review on them. the other auto drives are around $1000 and up.

the website say we need to buy at least 3 for to qualify for a discount.

http://www.markvii-loading.com/

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Wow, comes with an iPad to control it? Maybe if it loaded magazines as well. Sorry but a little out of my league, never mind the price.
    Good luck though.

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    Back when my little girl was an infant I built an automated 1050 controlled by a PLC. It has features none of the ones today copied. Some will shut off with no primers but I have yet to see one that also works with the powder check die.

This is the one I built on a "how it works" run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrFhnDQ-eUU

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    that is pretty impressive j morris. do you make any to sell ? if so send me a private message.

ironpony - it comes with an android tablet to control it . it all depends on how much you shoot. say you shoot 10,000 45acp a year store price is around 400-500 per 1000 for brass case. you can do it for about $160 with fmj bullets or $140 for lead bullets. if you want to spin it that way. off course you already have the press so it isnt any cheaper to get an auto loader but it allows you to do something else in the reloading room while the press is running.

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    Pretty cool, but it seems to me you would need the bullet feeder with it. That jumps the price up a bit.

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    I haven't made any for sale. I would also NEVER use a powered press of any sort without a bullet feeder. When I use mine I generally just start it and the primer tube filler and leave. My kid used to stand at the door and watch it run.

IMG_20130718_135216_122_zpsdead8f17.jpg

If you are just going to sit there you can load just as fast as an auto machine with just the bullet feeder.
    Like this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-RxMulCqbQ

As far as that goes I can load 100 rounds in under 4 min, on my 650's for a few thousand dollars less (my auto machine runs around 5 min/100).
    Like this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl63cR9Y_Y0

Just depends on what you want and how much money you want to throw at it.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    My 550 will be here Tuesday, I sent Dillon an old 450 w/ powder and primer systems for an upgrade $94.50 shipped, and they replaced everything but the handle! Not sure how much upgrading there is with the 550 but we'll see. I am aware of the savings too I'm only at about 5K rnds year.
    Back to the Mark 7 , after seeing it are there other options or does it go from there right into commercial machinery?

Jmorris great stuff! As always. Do you offer sight seeing tours?

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    There are a growing number of folks autodriving the 1050 the M7 and the ammobot are the only semi smart ones that I know of for sale.

The Forchet and PW are just drive systems that come with nothing more than manual switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom