• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    I just received credible word that came down from Annapolis that state law enforcement agencies are on notice to mobilize their Field Force Operations (fancy name for civil disturbance teams) for the firearms hearings on March 1st. This angers me as well as my direct supervision as we know that the law abiding firearms community was in Annapolis on February 6th to peacefully protest this horrible legisaltion. Just thought I give everyone a heads up. I'm confident that those of you attending Annapolis on Friday will continue to act in a peaceful and respectful manner. Do not give the anti's the ammunition they want to make their points heard. Make yor voice's heard and be safe.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    And considering there will be an anti presence DO not engage them...do not let them provoke you. IGNORE them...Do not debate them. Period.

+1

This is not the time to confront. Let the antis provoke something but do not respond. Bring video cameras in case there is harassing or unlawful arrests. Group together to document any attack on one person.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    They are gearing up for the professional anti rally, they do not have the numbers so they will play dirty to get the headlines.
    Be aware of you surroundings on Friday in Annapolis.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    One point here...

I've geared up for a lot of civil disturbance. The usual reason (99% of them) is that they expect large numbers of people on both sides. CDU's usual job is to keep the sides apart. That said, I don't like this development.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Just a reminder...

General information...

Our goals for gathering on the 1st are civil, and non-confrontational.

For the 1st, we are only involved with the House testimony, and visiting legislators (on both sides of the street). Keep clear of Lawyers Mall, as we want to isolate the Gun Control advocates (politely, of course).

The 'other guys' (and especially most of the media) would like nothing more than to find a reason--any reason--to paint us as a bunch of rebellious, redneck, camo-wearing, tacti-cuckoo hicks.

What we need to do is to dress well, and act better. Not saying "Sunday Best", but whatever you would normally wear to look like responsible, respectable, respectful citizens, who are petitioning their representatives.

Orange seems to be emerging as the "color of the day", but I would urge caution in selecting it. MSI blue would be appropriate as well.

I also recommend carrying a plastic grocery bag in your pocket, and picking up any trash you see in the area. Smokers should "field strip" their butts, and pocket them for later disposal.

We want to provide the 'other guys' with zero opportunity to say we were anything but upstanding citizens exercising our Democratic rights.

We received nothing but praise from the DGS folks for our attendance on Feb 6th... no reason not to meet that standard, at the very least.

m&p9

Dec 18, 2012
    Salisbury
    UNFORTUNATLY, i can not attend due to my work. but if anyone in the Belair area needs to use my GO-PRO camera to get this on film send me a PM

thanks, brian

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    +1

This is not the time to confront. Let the antis provoke something but do not respond. Bring video cameras in case there is harassing or unlawful arrests. Group together to document any attack on one person.

There may be quite a few officers that may be there that are pro-2A. I wouldn't worry about harassing on unlawful arrest from them. The only reason we may be going to Annapolis is because of direct orders. I personally think the anti's will be nothing but problems and will try to cause unrest with the pro 2A crowd. Their thought process is usually completely irrational from my personal experiences with anti 2A individuals. Just continue to peacefully express your opinions and ignore the anti crowd.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I used to work around the corner from the World Bank complex near the White House, which is the site of a *lot* of civil disturbance, through which I would periodically have to travel. No one gives you a problem if are exhibiting the body and face language that says "This has nothing to do with me. I am not concerned enough to take note if there are heavily armed men here. But if they are here they are here to protect me and this nice property through which I am taking a stroll. La la la." Smile and keep walking.

Of course, the fact that I really do look a little like Hello Kitty helps pull this off. Don't get me wrong -- having the riot patrol called out in response to peaceful, legitimate, constitutionally protected assembly and petitioning for redress of grievance gets my shorts in a serious knot. I'm just not gonna let it show.

And who knows -- maybe some of the more excitable members of the emotional agony brigade over in Lawyers' Mall will get out of hand and get roughed up a bit. Wouldn't that be a schadenfreude cupcake.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Seems to me calling out the troops will only incite the anti 2A's to create a disturbance. No matter who starts a commotion the liberal media will shout from the roof tops about the Pro-2A people causing a riot. Everything has been orchestrated into political leverage for the anti-2A people.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Bad grammar association on my part. I'm more concerned about harassing from the antis. I didn't make that clear on how I wrote it. I understand that police received a DO to be there with gear. Totally understandable for public safety. I am aware that there have been in the past DOs from police mgmt to do kettling and subsequent arrests. These practices have the possibility to affect even the most peaceful politically active person.
    Mandatory pool journalism, Protest zones and kettling I believe are fundamentally unconstitutional but that is a topic from another day.

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    It is going to be the Anti-2A crowd that will cause problems. Any problems will be blamed on 2A supporters.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    It is going to be the Anti-2A crowd that will cause problems. Any problems will be blamed on 2A supporters.

In the Senate chamber yesterday, we outnumbered the antis something like 7:1... maybe more.

If it's ONLY Marylanders in attendance tomorrow, and no coordinated bussing in of "professionals", I would expect a similar ratio, so maybe 500-800 antis???

In any case, it's imperative that our outside presence be contained to the area north of the House and Senate main entrances, back toward Rowe Blvd.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I can se it now ... my wife losing it, scratching, screaming and ripping somebody's hair out ... :sad20::sad20::sad20:

mig201

Jan 26, 2013
    Bowie
    POLICE OURSELVES

Beyond not engaging the anti crowd, if you are with a group of Pro 2A and you see anyone in your group starting to show their ass, tell them to Stop To Think About What They Are Doing

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom