• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I was surprised that the yellow reaches so far up North in MD. I'd have thought that once one got North of MoCo, it would turn green at the very least.

Cal68

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It is, the cancer shows up as red and yellow.

I'm glad I live in the blue zone!

Agreed. This map is a general sentiment of where the rot is worst.

Rot is red on this map.

Ain't gerrymandering purty?
    Ask me how thrilled I am to have Elijah Cummings as my Congresscritter.

You are not the only one, not by a long shot. A very good friend of ours is represented by Elijah Cummings. I've never met Elijah, but from all I've heard about how he votes, and speaks about the rest of us, I sincerely doubt he salutes the flag of these United States of America.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The same map was posted some months back. It's misleading (intentionally?) because it paints entire gerrymandered districts as pro gun control, while the reality within various areas of those districts is entirely different.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The same map was posted some months back. It's misleading (intentionally?) because it paints entire gerrymandered districts as pro gun control, while the reality within various areas of those districts is entirely different.

First seen for me, if posted before, please link.

We all know gerrymandering is a real thing - it is absolutely wrong to misrepresent the peoples vote. Both parties have done it (Reps and Dems). This we can all agree, but the hard line political people thrive on manipulating and minimizing the public.

When I read the question that was posed, simply "are you for more or less gun control"; it seemed pretty straight forward to me.

I do not know the veracity of this poll or the results, but at a glance, after reading many others, this seems in line with what I believe is the reality we face today. If you feel it's way off, please say how. If it's so speculative, that you don't want to say publicly, please send it to me privately (PM, or email). At the end of the day, the truth is what really matters.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Imagine yourself with lots of money and an anti-gun agenda. You hire pollsters to concentrate gun-related questions in leftist areas within each district around the country. You use the poll results to put together a map to paint each district's "sentiment" about guns. You freely distribute the map for any and all anti-gun organizations to publish. What's the lesson? Politics 101: create reality to steer the agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom