• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Fobus makes an ankle holster for like 40 bucks on amazon that works GREAT!!!

I'll post pics of it later for the ruger LCP. It doesn't drag the sock down, after wearing it twice you forget it's there, it doesn't print in jeans or sweatpants (but it will in dress pants because they are cut higher), and the retention is AMAZING! You have to work with it because it comes so tight.

Mine sits in there with the pocket clip and doesn't get in the way at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Fobus-Holster...=1389987435&sr=8-3&keywords=lcp+ankle+holster

I use the exact one above. I can post pics later as I am just about to start work.

No issue with trying to draw?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    No issue with trying to draw?

Not personally besides the fact that the holsters retention is tight!!!! It needs to be worked a bit to get it to lighten up but the retention is like that in case you need to run.

I'm 6 ft 2 and I guess with my wingspan its not hard to draw it out since I have a long pull. I'm a fan of the ankle holster because it's hidden, it's there, it's out of the way, and it's comfortable.

I avoid places where I have a feeling I'm going to need a gun so its there if I need it but it's out of the way enough that i don't even notice it. It's like having a gun in a glove box!

tdant

Jul 31, 2012
    Gyms shorts and sweat pants usually have draw strings. You could use the string to keep your pants up. Or get a crossbreed belly band. Or wear a belt under the shorts and attach your pistol to it. A fanny pack is not the only option.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Don't listen to the guys on here. If Chuck Norris can wear one so can you. :D

Attachments

• Chuck Norris Fanny Pack.jpg
      Chuck Norris Fanny Pack.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 385

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    Don't listen to the guys on here. If Chuck Norris can wear one so can you. :D

Awesome.... LOL. I say rock the fanny pack. Don't be discouraged by others. Everyone has their personal preference on everything, especially guns and gear.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    I can tell you what NOT to get.

Uncle Mike's fanny pack.

I shoot out back, and just wanted something to carry stuff between here and there. More mags than I can stuff in pockets, the brass I pick up, etc. So I ended up getting an Uncle Mike's. Within 3 months the seams started coming apart. Design is fine. It isn't manly but it fit my needs, and no one was going to see me wear it.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    A "man" will not really give two shits for what others think. If he really wants to rock the pack and someone else has issues with it. Sorry, that issue belongs to someone else. Wear the damn pack. Or... if you're a wuss... worry about what other people think and don't. :cool:

But please don't get one of those packs that are made to be "hidden (wink wink) holsters". They are so obvious that even the most inept will know what's in the bag. No real regular pack has a zipper that goes all the way around it. None.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That pistol will fit nicely in a plain jansport or rei fanny pack and will cost $20.

Didn't we already go over this with you about 5 months ago? You spoke about having something to run out of the house with while wearing sweats. You also mentioned then that you are a strapping young man, again.
    I guess all that info didn't help?

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Tie your shorts. They have a built in belt.

Get the thunder holster.

Get a clip holster.

Get any holster that will fan the weight out over the band.

Belly band.

Shoulder rig.

No Manny packs.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Since the prevailing opinion is that "fanny packs" indicate homosexuality, why not just get one? Gay is "IN" and if you really care what other people think, wearing one might even make you more popular with all the cool kids. :rolleyes:

I have a flaming fanny pack, a black leather one to match my a$$less chaps, and it has been used to carry my binoculars, range finder, etc. for the last 20 years. It works well and does not require me to wear pants with a belt to carry heavier loads...so I rock it despite the pejorative aura. Now please excuse me as I have a couple of episodes of Queer Eye to catch up on.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Since the prevailing opinion is that "fanny packs" indicate homosexuality, why not just get one? Gay is "IN" and if you really care what other people think, wearing one might even make you more popular with all the cool kids. :rolleyes:

I have a flaming fanny pack, a black leather one to match my a$$less chaps, and it has been used to carry my binoculars, range finder, etc. for the last 20 years. It works well and does not require me to wear pants with a belt to carry heavier loads...so I rock it despite the pejorative aura. Now please excuse me as I have a couple of episodes of Queer Eye to catch up on.

And all of that was "tongue in cheek"?

The day I start worrying about what other folks think about what I wear, to the point that it makes me allow them to pick my wardrobe... I will have been committed to the nearest senior care center on my final bed-rest campaign. And at that point I will be rocking the typical gown with no back so the whole world can kiss my shriveled ass. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom