• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I am looking for a response to this incident. Might be too hard to put into a short sentence.

When the house members (I think house, and not Senate) were walking across the street, one legislator said that the incident of rape was not relevant to the issue of legality. I think that meant that the rape could have been done by anybody, regardless of legality. I'd somehow like to relate that to the 2A. Maybe something like criminals are going to kill no matter what, it's not the tool.

Second incident. One house legislator, short minority woman, which I assume is from the house, that voted almost unanimously for the sanctuary city law screamed that "you don't know what I think." I found that interesting since she voted for the bill. (assumed since almost all Democrats did). So, would an appropriate response be. "you vote proves otherwise."

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nah. For a large percentage of( MGA Members) , their votes much of the time their votes on controversial Bills will be heavily influenced by the wishes/ orders of Party Leadership and/ or Delegation leadership.

edisthera

Feb 19, 2015
    Yep, very true. Did some lobbying when I was in college and was shocked by how spineless some reps in Maryland are to go against the state speaker.

I would think more if anyone can commit a crime like that anywhere then they of all people should be for more self defense laws across this state. It would be a shame to go the route of Pennsylvania where it's divides and Philadelphia gets special status as a "city of the first class"

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I am looking for a response to this incident. Might be too hard to put into a short sentence.

When the house members (I think house, and not Senate) were walking across the street, one legislator said that the incident of rape was not relevant to the issue of legality. I think that meant that the rape could have been done by anybody, regardless of legality. I'd somehow like to relate that to the 2A. Maybe something like criminals are going to kill no matter what, it's not the tool.

Second incident. One house legislator, short minority woman, which I assume is from the house, that voted almost unanimously for the sanctuary city law screamed that "you don't know what I think." I found that interesting since she voted for the bill. (assumed since almost all Democrats did). So, would an appropriate response be. "you vote proves otherwise."

I think a more appropriate response would be: "I don't know that you even think!"

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yep, very true. Did some lobbying when I was in college and was shocked by how spineless some reps in Maryland are to go against the state speaker.

I would think more if anyone can commit a crime like that anywhere then they of all people should be for more self defense laws across this state. It would be a shame to go the route of Pennsylvania where it's divides and Philadelphia gets special status as a "city of the first class"

Check out the legiscritters' public position on Stand Your Ground. Until they need that defense, of course.

And of course, the fairies come in the night and give each and every one of them a brand new shiny W&C permit. No tooth under the pillow required.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

See my response elsewhere referencing "The was an old lady who swallowed a fly".

Her argument is like the 6 degrees of separation to Kevin Bacon. There is no correlation and yet there is. If MoCo wasn't a sanctuary, he probably wouldn't have been in that high school. And yet the DemocRATs double-down on stupid, proposing yet another 'fix' that only compounds the issue, adding to the six degrees of separation until the dots are connected and the correlation is very clear ... except in their liberal/progressive pea-brains.

Now dove-tail that with the old Burl Ives folk song and oi la. They will eventually swallow a horse and die, when all they should have done is NOT swallow a fly in the first place. Making seemingly innocuous 'fixes' eventually have real consequences, especially when piled-higher-and-deeper Dr. Jack R. Smith wants to remove the doors to prevent rapes from occurring in high school bathrooms.

This same analogy applies to gun laws. Ever wonder why crime stats go up the more 2A is infringed upon ? And yet AG Brian Frosh and the MD GA DemocRAT ideologues are at it again, doubling-down on FSA 2013's ineffective attempt to curb gun violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom