• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Why is the victim's family seemingly unconcerned with who done it?

Someone broke into a Silver Spring home and shot and killed a man as he slept early Easter morning, and the victim’s mother questions the response from police and paramedics.

Carlos Carter, 20, was supposed to start a new job Monday.

But just before 3:30 a.m. Sunday, someone broke into his family’s house on Old Columbia Pike, smashing a sliding patio door to gain entry, according to relatives. The shooter kicked open Carter’s bedroom door and fired.

Family members say after he was shot, Carter managed to make it up the stairs and out a door where his mother found him seriously wounded.

Ring video shows police initially thought the victim shot himself, asking if he owned a gun and saying it looked like he shot himself.

Montgomery County police confirmed detectives, who were back at the house Monday, are investigating the case as a homicide. They have no suspects or motive.

Carter’s family also feels the response by paramedics took far too long for them to get to the scene.

Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Welcome to every day of my investigative life. Uncooperative victims, disappearing witnesses, combative family members...

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A friend of the family was at our home last night and while there received a phone call. Our friend is a school teacher in MoCo and one of the admin people called him to tell him of this young man's death. Our friend said he used to call this boy frequently to encourage him to come to school.

Apr 10, 2023
    It's a shame ! During my teens I was brainwashed with the ideology that police are the enemy . But as I grew up I realized there's no loyalty in the street . And by not cooperating/working with local law enforcement all it does is hold back a community . Now there are things that law enforcement can do to improve relationships also but that's a different discussion

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Fvking media, great headline. The story isn’t about another senseless murder of yet another aspiring pediatric oncologist, but to say his mother isn't happy with the first responders’ response time. Hopefully Mom wants justice for her dead 20 year old son. She tipped off the lawsuit a bit early on this one.

owldo

Ultimate Member
    Why is the victim's family seemingly unconcerned with who done it?

Someone broke into a Silver Spring home and shot and killed a man as he slept early Easter morning, and the victim’s mother questions the response from police and paramedics.

Carlos Carter, 20, was supposed to start a new job Monday.

But just before 3:30 a.m. Sunday, someone broke into his family’s house on Old Columbia Pike, smashing a sliding patio door to gain entry, according to relatives. The shooter kicked open Carter’s bedroom door and fired.

Family members say after he was shot, Carter managed to make it up the stairs and out a door where his mother found him seriously wounded.

Ring video shows police initially thought the victim shot himself, asking if he owned a gun and saying it looked like he shot himself.

Montgomery County police confirmed detectives, who were back at the house Monday, are investigating the case as a homicide. They have no suspects or motive.

Carter’s family also feels the response by paramedics took far too long for them to get to the scene.
    Carlos & Momma must have been sound sleepers, not to have heard someone smashing the glass patio door ! Whole thing sounds sketchy and personal. Perp goes right to victims door, kicks it in, kills victim then leaves ??? ... and the question about "response by paramedics took far too long" is the money shot ! Could Carlos have been set up by Momma for Da Money ?
    "

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Sure sounds like the victim might've made some poor choices. There's gotta be more to the story.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Just a general reply...

Because we can't enter a reported violent scene until cleared by MCPD.

Wasn't on duty last night and can't pull audio from where I'm at right now, but guaranteed this was sent out to MCFRS as Shooting/Scene Not Secure.

That means - F/R finds a reasonably close location to stage away from the scene, until PoPo shows up and ensures disarmed fire/rescue personnel are less likely to get attacked for daring to assist the victim someone intended should die...

Reezie

Aug 18, 2020
    Story sounds a little sketchy to me. Im sure there is going to be more to this 1. Someone very close did this

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom