Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    don't joke guys - its happening

http://www.abcmontana.com/news/state/65163452.html

Mom sues baseball bat maker over son's death

By: The Associated Press

Story Published: Oct 21, 2009 at 7:23 AM MDT
    Story Updated: Oct 21, 2009 at 7:23 AM MDT

HELENA - A woman is suing the maker of Louisville Slugger aluminum baseball bats over the 2003 death of her son, who was hit with a ball during a youth league baseball game. Opening arguments began Tuesday in Helena's district court.
    Debbie Patch says her teen son Brandon was pitching for the Miles City Mavericks when a ball hit by a Helena Senators batter struck him in the temple, causing a fatal injury. The batter was using a Louisville Slugger.
    Patch claims Hillerich & Bradsby Co. knew their aluminum bats created a high probability of injury because they were designed to hit the ball with extreme force(DUH!!), and that the company should have warned users like her son.
    But Louisville Slugger attorney Rob Sterup said the outcome could have been the same with any bat and baseball is a safe sport.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Thread revival: I saw this meme and thought it was a clever idea for those who have a baseball bat in their home defense arsenal.

07CEA11A-6EFD-49E7-9C33-F813737CDDEC.jpeg

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Man isn't that the truth!

I just hope they start putting baseball bats on the Regulated list if civilians are to be allowed these in their possession.

But honestly for the victem in this crime, It's a good thing their injuries don't seem bad enough to keep them from recovering? Personally I can't imagine being hit in the head hard enough to be knocked out with a baseball bat without cracking my skull. I also want to say in no way do I mean any offence to that person. I wish them a speedy recovery.
    Or, one has to provide proof that one is a registered and trained member of a licensed baseball league (militia) to purchase a bat.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Remember assault Baseball Bats can also be used to accelerate objects, frequently spherical horsehide covered "killer" balls, to high rates of speed, sometimes in excess of 100 MPH, that do considerable damage to windows as well as bodies.

Link to report, note metal bats are even more killey than wooden ones:

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    No one needs to hunt with a bat. What a bunch of vile barbarians.

BTW I always thought a field hockey stick would be better than a bat. I heard one bounce off the shin of a chick and I thought the whole world stopped in empathy for her soul leaving her body as she unleashed a blood curdling scream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom