• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    http://thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/viewstory/story_ID/15178

St. Mary’s County BCI detectives are investigating the home invasion and robbery which occurred on October 15 at approximately 2 a.m., in Callaway.

Two suspects wearing masks entered a residence and assaulted the male occupant with a baseball bat, they found inside the residence. After the victim awoke and he confronted the suspects. The suspects took currency from the victim and fled.

The victim was treated at St. Mary’s Hospital for head injuries.

Deapsee

NaN
    May 1, 2009
    Calvert
    D'ja Notice?

assaulted the male occupant with a baseball bat, they found inside the residence.

You are more likely to have your baseball bat used against you than you are to use it to defend yourself. Now there may be another crime bat out on the streets. When will people learn to cooperate with criminals and avoid violence.:sad20:

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    only police and military should have these type weapons

Man isn't that the truth!

I just hope they start putting baseball bats on the Regulated list if civilians are to be allowed these in their possession.

But honestly for the victem in this crime, It's a good thing their injuries don't seem bad enough to keep them from recovering? Personally I can't imagine being hit in the head hard enough to be knocked out with a baseball bat without cracking my skull. I also want to say in no way do I mean any offence to that person. I wish them a speedy recovery.

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    Last week I was at the park with my family. There was a man there with his son and they had a bat. The kid was maybe 8 or 9 and was just swinging the bat wildly back and forth with his father just standing there. I was terrified, what if he had hit something. Did you know a ball hit by one of those can fly 300 to 400 feet. I just wish our esteemed elected officials would rid our world of these death machines.

andy

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That is just sick- giving a child a deadly weapon like that. Social Services should be notified.

We hold our children in trust from the government. If we fail in our responsibility to socialize them to be good citizens, the State has an obligation to step in and see that
    the child is raised by more suitable guardians. "It takes a village", you know.

"No honest man needs a baseball bat."

Rough_Rider

Oct 31, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    It's this sort of story that hurts our efforts to get concealed carry for baseball bats.
    Personally, I have a leg holster and have been concealed carrying a baseball bat for years...

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    When baseball bats are outlawed only the criminally incompetent like the Orioles will have baseball bats.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    I just got my C&R License! I immediately used it to buy one of Babe Ruths bats. It's wood but will still work just as well as one of those metal SBBs (Special Built Bat). Anyone know if I can take it to batting practice or does it need to be locked in my trunk? Where is Novus!

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Look at these people cringe in horror in the mere presence of this "weapon"...and not even one with a complete stock.

07a4b7dc.jpg
    34c3e0d6.jpg

Note one educated person in the blue hat and shirt that is familiar with this "weapon" actually smiling and reaching for it.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    You guys are always misrepresenting what the liberals want to do. The wooden bats will be allowed but strictly regulated for use by professional athletes (with a permit of course) in the course of professional sporting events.

Devices that have no valid official sporting use will be outlawed. This includes non regulation size bats, Aluminum bats, sticks, balls, javelins, shot, arrows, tennis rackets etc etc.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    You guys are always misrepresenting what the liberals want to do. The wooden bats will be allowed but strictly regulated for use by professional athletes (with a permit of course) in the course of professional sporting events.

Devices that have no valid official sporting use will be outlawed. This includes non regulation size bats, Aluminum bats, sticks, balls, javelins, shot, arrows, tennis rackets etc etc.

That is simply unconstitutional, the 11th Amendment being quite explicit on the subject (of which I shouldn't need to remind anyone): "Congress shall make no law regarding the possession or use of sporting equipment; the use and practice of which is essential to the good humor of the People and Shall be forever protected by this Body." These words speak for themselves. I will not go quietly into the night and give up my rights to Bats. You want to have them? Strike me out.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I just got my C&R License! I immediately used it to buy one of Babe Ruths bats. It's wood but will still work just as well as one of those metal SBBs (Special Built Bat). Anyone know if I can take it to batting practice or does it need to be locked in my trunk? Where is Novus!

Depends, if it is one of these three barreled spiked bats, I dunno. :D
    pic_spot_combo33_s.gif

(actual gun/mace)

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Blunt striking weapons are considered deadly weapons by most police agencies and police are authorized to use deadly force on someone swinging a baseball bat.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    baseball bat wielding criminals are easy to defeat. All you have to do is grow some wild "70's hair, wear a leather vest with "Warriors" on the back and you are good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom