• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    LOL I work at BWI, jet noise is like white noise to me:D
    that lil runway can't take the big stuff, most newer Gulf Streams and Citations are good for noise abatement;)

So you already know about it and are used to it. :thumbsup: With you moving just north of the airport, when 34 is in use, you'll know it all too well if you're not used to it. Oh, and yes, noise abatement is in effect.

I've spent alot of time at air bases and jet noise is just another normal sound to me, except when AB is kicked in.

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    Yeah, the last time we painted that runway, they were filmimg the last XXX movie starring Ice Cube or Ice Tea, anyway we show up with all our equipment, the operations manager says he needs us to hold off on closing the runway so the Gulf Stream can leave. He tells us so famous actor is flying out that morning and is running late....2 hours later this caravan of vans and Suburbans rolls onto the ramp and it takes them almost another hour to pack all his crap on the plane, his wife and kids and a couple of yappy rat dogs.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    If you are near the airport and need a place to shoot check out Littlestown Fish and Game just up the road from you in Littlestown PA www.sportingclayandtrap.org good club - nice folks - pistol and rifle ranges- trap and clays-archery too.Maybe 12 miles from airport up Rt97---sporting clays open to public this weekend and you can join very reasonably PM me with questions if you are interested

Last edited:

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    finally got all the floors done,stuff moved in and got the comp hooked up.
    lost one tree during the storm. love the quiet out here :D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Welcome to the Frozen North from another forum member just out of the flight path.

Matt G

Onua, don't listen to this Matt G as posted above 'cause he gets pissed off at a club meeting then pulls up his pants and goes home. You'll have to ask him about that one.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom