• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    Which would you get first? I want to get either a CZ 82 or a Tok of some sort. Looking for a shooter. I'm not the kind to buy a gun just to look at. Pros and Cons of each....Ammo availability/price, shooting enjoyability, cool factor, anything else you want to comment on. Especially looking for info from those of you who may have both..... Ready to buy now, just trying to make up my mind.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Get the CZ 82 first as it has a 12 rd mag, which you won't be able to have shipped to you after 10/1/13.

They are also very good shooters, of course so are the Toks, but the largest cap mag is 9 rds so they will be still good to go after the new 10 rd limit.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think Mak ammo is easier to come by. The Range I go to has some Mak but is priced WAY too high cause it sits a long time. Have not see Tok ammo locally.
    I went through a SLEW of rentals helping my Dad select a new handgun. Of the 9mm pistols, my CZ shot better than all of them but mostly cause I was used to it and the trigger.

BTW, when my wolf/brown bear Mak ammo is out, I"m not buying any of that dirty stuff anymore. The low price lures you in but it sure is dirty. If I didn't reload I'd still stop buying it and pay more for PPU or something else. Just my opinion

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    OP - A lot has to do with what's available at the time, but I agree that going for a CZ-82 should be first. They are just excellent handguns all around.

Melnic - Unless it's corrosive, don't be too harsh on "dirty" ammo. You can get some good loads out of powders like Unique, and it's pretty smokey. When you have cleaned up a gun from shooting "dirty" ammo, you know that it's really clean, and it only takes a few extra minutes.

peckman28

Aug 27, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    CZ82, only because of our idiotic new law here. Get a bunch of spare mags too for it while you're at it; after October hits get a Tok or two. Love 'em both, and in the absence of our mag ban it'd be a much harder call for a fun shooter. 9X18 ammo is a little cheaper though FWIW.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    Speaking of CZ82 spare mags...would anyone purchase one for $40? Is that a fair price? I might put up an extra one on the classifieds.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I took my CZ82 to the range for the first time today and shot it at 25 yds. Very impressive as I had no trouble hitting the black. This should be shot at closer range, 10-15 yds., but still a very nice pistol. I have a Romanian Tok as well, but the CZ82 is a real champ and the Makarov round is very potent. I think it beats .380 ACP any day. Get the CZ and then the Tok. That's what I did.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    toks used to be the way to go, till that ******* bought up the nations surplus ammo supply. Get the CZ, for before mentioned reasons and ammo availability. I have both, CZ feels more modern [cause it is] and the double stack mags are great, just don't take it apart.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    I haven't registered with them yet, but I plan on doing the same exact thing you just did. How much did they sell it for?

Listed on their site for $259.87 in VG condition. 2 mags and a holster. Shameless plug: I saw a nice one in VG+ condition listed in the classifieds (by me) for what you'd end up paying. No holster, but a soft case and a box of 9x18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom