6C7577F9-38FE-4610-8F15-9BE8222723B3.png
      345.5 KB · Views: 168

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One of the 11th Circuit judges asked for a poll of all of the judges on the circuit. A rarely used tactic when the majority of judges are likely to disagree with the decision of the 3 judge panel. It will be legally binding.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    One of the 11th Circuit judges asked for a poll of all of the judges on the circuit. A rarely used tactic when the majority of judges are likely to disagree with the decision of the 3 judge panel. It will be legally binding.
    Thanks

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Just a guess but the actual poll shouldn't take too long (I assume a few weeks because the other judges would need to look over the case before voting). What could extend it further is possible dissents being written (meaning the court voted against en banc).
    This is pretty unusual, for one thing, the decision just came down and I assume the plaintiffs simply haven't had time to put in the papers to appeal en banc. If you recall the 9th Circuit chief judge Sidney Thomas did this in Peruta after the county declined to appeal their 3 judge panel loss.
    We'll see what happens but it looks like as it stands now we have a split between the 5th and 11th circuits post-Bruen.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I still won't watch any of that guy's videos just because the picture of himself he chooses to put on EVERY video is so stupid, smug, and arrogant looking.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I still won't watch any of that guy's videos just because the picture of himself he chooses to put on EVERY video is so stupid, smug, and arrogant looking.
    If you only listen to every 6th word, you have a better chance of cutting through all his self aggrandizing digressions. What a bore he is.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    This guy is the Nutnfancy of 2A court cases. Dude turns 2 sentences of information into a 25 minute video.

Clickbait thumbnails are just as cringe.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    He does stretch out the video too much. But his info is very solid.

I've seen this happen with a lot of youtubers. They just can't get to the point. I'm wondering if it has something to do with playing the vagaries of the algorithm.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Can one of our Legal Eagles fill us in on " taking a Poll of all the other Judges " ?

Is this a 3 Judge Panel trying on their initive to have a sort of equivalent to a Full Panel Hearing or something else ?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Can one of our Legal Eagles fill us in on " taking a Poll of all the other Judges " ?

Is this a 3 Judge Panel trying on their initive to have a sort of equivalent to a Full Panel Hearing or something else ?
    No, one of the judges on the full panel doesn't like what the three judges said so he is asking (polling) the other judges on the full panel to see if enough agree with him so they can overturn the unconstitutional ruling of the three judge panel before it goes any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom