• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    I'm not a fan of the Magpul slings.....In fact single points are not very useful unless you like getting smacked in the balls by your rifle when you transition to your pistol. :lol:

sorry for the drift but Why do you want a Single Point Sling?

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    And I know it's marketed as a one-two point sling but I rather just get a Vickers 2 Point and be done with it.

The Webbing sucks on the Magpul slings...

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    they are still refining the ms3 sling, they didn't like the first production runs that they tested. Knowing them it will still be like 6 months, and i guess they are having issues with the people that do the stitching or something on the ms2's so i hear they are kinda hard to find.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It's magpul...so it'll be coming to every safe queen Teir 1 AR sold in the last 2 years.

I have a Troy...would like to try Vickers...haven't dranked Magpul-Aid on their slings yet. Although my Teir 1 safequeen does have a shorty foregrip from them on it and is feed by P-mags.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    It's magpul...so it'll be coming to every safe queen Teir 1 AR sold in the last 2 years.

I have a Troy...would like to try Vickers...haven't dranked Magpul-Aid on their slings yet. Although my Teir 1 safequeen does have a shorty foregrip from them on it and is feed by P-mags.

I have Troy, Magpul, and Vickers. I like the Magpul run as single point for the small light carbines and the Vickers for the heavier stuff. As was stated above single point slings are very good for banging you in the junk.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I prefer the Magpul over Vickers. I sold my 4 Vickers and replaced them with MS2's.

Most slings are way overcomplicated and I believe Magpul did a great job simplifying a multi use sling. Overall a sling is something you have to try several with you loadout and see if they are compatible with you and your abilities.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have a few different slings, and I'm with Clandestine: the MS2 is pretty sweet. The adjustments are super-easy, you've got flexibility across rifles, and I personally found it pretty comfortable... it rides nicely.

I've heard the MS3 will even improve on the MS2... now only if it would come out...

Royall577

Oct 9, 2010
    Essex, MD
    I like the idea of being able to go single or two point. Also with the asap plate it looks like a fantasic setup but I guess it really is what fits you best. It is just a waiting game now for them to get the new sling right.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    I love seeing the Mall Ninjas at the range bench shooting with the Slings on their ARs.

Run a carbine class and see what works....some advocate the single point but anyone that has to actually work with a carbine wouldn't touch a single point. What I mean by working with a carbine is someone that may have to climb , run or go hands on or detain someone. A two point sling allows you to tighten the weapon accross your body either on your back or accross your chest. A single point will beat in your nuts or knees:sad20:

That said if you're just running around playing war or moving "Dynamically" ;) maybe a single point is good for you.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    I llove the Vickers padded for the 2pt. line of slings, and for the 1 point, take a look at Valor Gear http:// valorgear.net /Tactical_Slings.html (remove spaces, Im not associated with them)(the pic is not useful, their website will be fully functional in a month they say. I have gotten them in person and have done much stress-testing on them and love them for a 1-pt, they are made in the USA and are cheap at $25 (the commercial is all most anyone ever needs, the Mill-Spec is just better webbing IMHO not worth the extra $$) multiple connectors to adapt to various systems (hooks, clips, stock wraps etc) I have gotten them at the "nations gun show" always get something new, very friendly people.
    I have looked and held the original Magpul sling and thought it was too thin unless you always have a vest/kit on to pad you from the strap. Nice design, but too thin of webbing IMHO
    For one points, avoid the Bungie-shock ones, it just means it will bounce and smack your sack multiple times... though if you have taken one of toms courses he shows you how to properly not smack your junk in transition

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    Has anyone seen the MissionSpec Irene Adaptive Sling IAS? They have a quick demo vid on joeboboutfitters.com. I have not tried it was wondering if anyone has or your thoughts. Single or two point versatility.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I love seeing the Mall Ninjas at the range bench shooting with the Slings on their ARs.
    I think this is an unfair characterization of the situation, at least with regard to how I shoot. Most of my shooting is done "off-hand" where a sling is helpful, but I'll put it on a rest from time to time. It seems silly to yank the sling off just for this.

Run a carbine class and see what works....some advocate the single point but anyone that has to actually work with a carbine wouldn't touch a single point. What I mean by working with a carbine is someone that may have to climb , run or go hands on or detain someone. A two point sling allows you to tighten the weapon accross your body either on your back or accross your chest. A single point will beat in your nuts or knees:sad20:
    I tend to agree with you... but the MS2 can be used as a two-point sling quite effectively (hence running with both an ASAP and an RSA). In fact, that's how mine is being used right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom