• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    While shooting a match Sunday, I let the gun run dry, (SA1911) so it went to slide lock. I was using Chip McCormack 10 round Magazines. When I SHOVED a new mag in (Just really too hard) it got stuck. It was too far up into the gun and the slide would NOT move forward into battery. I could pull the slide back to lock it open but the mag was in there good.
    The Match Director removed the loaded gun from the line and tapped the mag out from the top with a hardwood dowel. The mags do not stick in the gun after I got it home and tried to repeat the problem.
    Has anyone had this happen?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Just once. I had a Colt 1991 compact and couldn't find Officer sized mags, so I snagged a full size mag. At the range, I slapped the full size in after slide lock and the top of the magazine shot past the stop. I figured out that maybe I should start with the long mag first until I could get some short mags. I don't think most 1911's really have a stop for the magazines. Does your magazine have a bumper on the bottom?

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Yes they do have a plastic bumper. At home with EMPTY mags I gave them a little smack and the bumper stops them. I guess I must have really hit it hard?
    I always give my SA-XD mags a good whack when inserting them, As I have had them fall out on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom