• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Commit a crime while carrying a greater than 10round magazine, it becomes an add on charge.

Sent from an undisclosed location.
    Not sure if thats possible. They cant really charge you for legal behaviour. Since carrying a larger magazine is not against the law, what exactly would they charge you with?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Not sure if thats possible. They cant really charge you for legal behaviour. Since carrying a larger magazine is not against the law, what exactly would they charge you with?

They can charge you, it is a violation of MD law and it has already been discussed in this thread. Read the quoted MD law in post 10.

Possession is not illegal, possession while committing a crime is.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    They can charge you, it is a violation of MD law and it has already been discussed in this thread. Read the quoted MD law in post 10.

Possession is not illegal, possession while committing a crime is.
    I believe you. I guess stranger things have happened. It is Maryland after all. But since I have no intention of committing a crime, it shouldnt be an issue.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    This is posted in Comments & Sugguestions , so your Geography is unclear .

In Maryland , you may carry magazine loaded to capacity .

In Washington DC , possession of a magazine capable of holding more than 10rds is illegal in itself , regardless of how many , if any , actually loaded .

Recent change in DC , you may now carry as many magazine ( or speedloaders , or loose rounds , etc ) as you choose .
    If I wasn't of the highest moral fiber, I could thumb out a few rounds before my gun was confiscated. If...

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Capable of holding , not how many rounds actually loaded .

+1

It seems people sometimes mix up other state and DC laws with NY, which had the bizarre rule that you could only carry 7 rounds regardless of capacity. I think that was actually dropped.

AFAIK all other mag restrictions have dealt with capacity not actual content.

floatingboy

Apr 19, 2014
    Lisbon, MD
    I searched for a while on here and couldn't come up with the answer. If a gun I buy on an auction includes a magazine that has a capacity larger than 10, can they ship it to MD? If not, do I just tell them to keep the magazine?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    FFL's that can receive firearms in MD can recieve standard capacity mags and sell them to LEO or convert them for you or destroy them. Some do, some do not. Consult your FFL

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Carve outs should be for turkey! ... snapped this yesterday evening.

turkeytree2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom