• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ExBig Guy

Sep 21, 2022
    Maryland
    I have several magazines that are 12-15 round capacity. I use these mainly because they offer an extra inch to grip and remove more easily. If only loaded with 10 rounds am I legal to carry?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    There is no magazine capacity limit in MD. The only restriction is that you may not purchase or sell a mag over 10 rounds while in MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Get that extra inch legally and go thank your overseer for not stepping on your peepee. Prolly try and change that and step on your goodies, come the next 90 session of the MD Gen. Assembly.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Commit a crime while carrying a greater than 10round magazine, it becomes an add on charge.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Show me proof of this.
    It's codified in MD criminal law. If it's applied, you've got much bigger problems than the add on charge.

In general
    (a) Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, a person who violates this subtitle is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.
    Use in a felony or crime of violence
    (b)(1) A person who uses an assault weapon, a rapid fire trigger activator, or a magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition, in the commission of a felony or a crime of violence as defined in § 5-101 of the Public Safety Article is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction, in addition to any other sentence imposed for the felony or crime of violence, shall be sentenced under this subsection.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I have several magazines that are 12-15 round capacity. I use these mainly because they offer an extra inch to grip and remove more easily. If only loaded with 10 rounds am I legal to carry?

This is posted in Comments & Sugguestions , so your Geography is unclear .

In Maryland , you may carry magazine loaded to capacity .

In Washington DC , possession of a magazine capable of holding more than 10rds is illegal in itself , regardless of how many , if any , actually loaded .

Recent change in DC , you may now carry as many magazine ( or speedloaders , or loose rounds , etc ) as you choose .

ExBig Guy

Sep 21, 2022
    Maryland
    Thanks to all for helping with my dilemma, I do love in Md. Again thanks

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Asked and answered before. Mags are illegal to buy not possess

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom