• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland
    [Edit]
    I wanted to ask if it is possible to have a 25 round magazine shipped to a non-MD ffl dealer. It is just hypothetical.

Last edited:

Katsoup

Avtomat Kalashnikova
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2023
    Maryland
    Possible. FFL can own these mags and pin them for sale. Id recommend just going to VA.

EDIT: I know of 1 place that will do it but it costs 75 bucks for the magazine to be "pinned".

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Sorry, I should have said. Can I buy the magazine (25 rounds) off of a website and have it shipped to a non-MD ffl dealer like VA or PA?
    You have to be careful. Many vendors will refuse if your credit card billing address is in Maryland because that comes very close to doing mag business (or at least part of the transaction) in MD.

But I’ve had, uh, gift mags shipped to my good friends in VA and WV without misadventure. SIG will even do that, no fuss. You have to check with the retailer in question. Or, go to the big gun show just across the river in Chantilly, or any shop in PA, VA, WV and just take them home with you, which is completely kosher.

Katsoup

Avtomat Kalashnikova
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2023
    Maryland
    You have to be careful. Many vendors will refuse if your credit card billing address is in Maryland because that comes very close to doing mag business (or at least part of the transaction) in MD.

But I’ve had, uh, gift mags shipped to my good friends in VA and WV without misadventure. SIG will even do that, no fuss. You have to check with the retailer in question. Or, go to the big gun show just across the river in Chantilly, or any shop in PA, VA, WV and just take them home with you, which is completely kosher.
    Exactly.
    Perfectly explained :clap:

GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland

Thank you very much. It looks like my best bet if I ever decide to go over 10 rounds in mags which I won't would be to go to a Bass Pro or a Sportsman Warehouse.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thank you very much. It looks like my best bet if I ever decide to go over 10 rounds in mags which I won't would be to go to a Bass Pro or a Sportsman Warehouse.
    Perhaps. The big Virginia gun show will have more to choose from. You don’t mention where you are, so advice is dodgy.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Sorry, I should have said. Can I buy the magazine (25 rounds) off of a website and have it shipped to a non-MD ffl dealer like VA or PA?
    The easiest route would to be buy the mags off a website and have them shipped to a friend out of state. I’ve heard of this being done before anyways.

GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland
    Perhaps. The big Virginia gun show will have more to choose from. You don’t mention where you are, so advice is dodgy.
    MD unfortunately. The state is good land wise, the flag sucks (they should pick a design and stay with it) and their moto is good but isn't followed by the legislative.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    MD unfortunately. The state is good land wise, the flag sucks (they should pick a design and stay with it) and their moto is good but isn't followed by the legislative.
    Meaning what area of Maryland. If you at least mention what county you’ll get more focused advice.

Katsoup

Avtomat Kalashnikova
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2023
    Maryland
    If you head south to PSG or Hero Quartermaster they will help you get those magazines you are looking for

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The easiest route would to be buy the mags off a website and have them shipped to a friend out of state. I’ve heard of this being done before anyways.
    Billing address of the credit card usually blocks this. You will probably find you need to have them completely place the order with their card.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    This greybeard has built enough relationships with FFL's and gun show vendors that they'll order things for me for pick up at convenient locations outside MD, usually gun shows in Chantilly or the Oaks. For being a years-long good customer they don't add any vig.

Do the same and everyone will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom