• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    Has anyone here taken a MAG (Masad Ayoob Group) 40 class? or Know where one is being taught in the DC Metro area.

Just curious I've heard a lot of ggod things about this coarse.

Dialtone

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not the MAG , but predecessor LFI . ( ExWife received the rights to *LFI* name ) From what I read the MAG40 has substantial overlap of material. In which case I can recomend in highest terms.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Wow...timing.

I just completed MAG-40 on September 29th in Salt Lake City. Mas is a fantastic instructor. Not only does he tell you how, but the why and when. I have my Florida, Utah and MD ccw, and it scared the heck out of me during the class as I was carrying without this knowledge. I can't go into details because of confidentiality, but you can read about it here... http://massadayoobgroup.com/?page_id=7

You won't regret the $800 fee.

I spoke to Gail and Mas about hosting one on the Eastern Shore, and they are interested.

If you are interested, let me know as I am going to make this happen in Worcester county. I'll provide more details after this weekend and then later this fall.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    You went to the GunDudes class didn't you?

I hope you can get them to come to MD. I would definitely have to take that class.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Fantastic. Yeah, I went to the GunDudes. They are funny guys. Stressed, but funny. Tom's wife took the class. She was cool. Joseph (of the) Chetwood was my personal instructor along with George Hill. They are both very good and knowledgeable. All great people.

After I speak with more people from the Sheriff's department, I'll advise.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Nice. I'm glad someone else here listens to them. I just listened to their most recent microcast covering the class today sounds like quite a crowd of 'famous' (and I use that term very loosely) podcasters there. Of course guys of their ineptitude would be stressed about drinking from the fire hose ;) .

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    It took some time, but I got used to the banter. I don't believe the GunDudes wouldn't make the trip to Maryland, just Gail & Mas.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    ALLCON: Emails were exchanged with MAG & we'll advise details shortly. By attending "locally" you'll save money on flights etc.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Guys, MAG-40 will be August 8 9 10 11, 2013 - MAG-40 - Worcester County Range in Newark, MD close to Ocean City.

This class will be taught by Massad Ayoob & Gail Pepin.

If you are interested, please PM me to hold a spot. I will work out payment details shortly.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Just wondering, I have a bad leg, does this class require movement? Just trying to decide if I can do it. I know I have to lose weight.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    No it doesn't. Mas is practical. He wants you to be able to make techniques work for YOU. He will work with your situation. When I took the class, a guy was missing his right hand and did excellent.

No worries.

PM me with your email if you want a spot.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Hello Shooters.

We have 4 spots left for MAG-40 near OC in Newark, MD for August 8-11.

If anyone has questions about the area or hotels, etc. let me know. PM me for my cell phone.

Attachments

• MAG-40 OC Poster v7.pdf
      87.4 KB · Views: 95

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    I'm really surprised there are still 4 spots left. I got one of the early ones I think. I wonder if lack and cost of ammo is keeping people away and if the round count will be adjusted.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    It was full, but when we asked for the deposit minds changed. AFAIK round count will remain the same. There are reasons for the number, it is not arbitrary.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom