• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I think there's a pretty huge distinction between wearing a balaclava for warmth and a horse's head for playing games.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I can see it now, a new range rule will be created about not wearing anything over your entire face that causes a distraction.

People will be arguing about wearing balaclava's in the winter time.
    nutswinger.gif

Wonder how people would feel at the range if I jumped out of the truck in a clown suit with an AR in tow. Maybe one in each hand. lol

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Clown suit would be great. LOL

I agree, hypothetically the distinction is obvious, but people will push the limits. Not to mention, someone with an orange shirt may disagree. Their facility, you'd have to leave if you're asked to leave otherwise a real law enforcement agent would cite you for trespassing, at least.

I'm not familiar with this range, and probably wont ever be, but I've seen Orange Shirt wearer's take on a mentality that is beyond what their real job is, Safety. It's one thing to be stern when enforcing rules, setting people straight, but some of them think that holstered firearm grants them some type of super hero power.

I'm only partially jealous they get to troll back and forth the line with "tac" gear on, but it always makes me laugh on the other end of the spectrum.

I guess clientele is a big thing too, show up in a gun shop near Baltimore and every employee is jumpy, can come across certain ways, and most employees have some sort of visible firearm on their person. Show up in a rural PA gun shop, and it's like walking into a 1960's General Store, granted, PA has carry permits but you just don't see twitchy, short hair cut tacticool dudes wearing crazy handguns way up there.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    IMO the RSO's at HB are friendly and affable. They take safety seriously and aren't afraid to make it known. They may get loud, but don't usually yell at a first offense. If you don't heed the warning, they will yell in order to have your full attention.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I've been around this forum for quite some time.
    I've never personally met Armed Ferret, but from his history on this board, I know enough that he's good to go.
    Reputation is everything, his is good in my book. Not the kind of guy to complain about something without good cause.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I've been around this forum for quite some time.
    I've never personally met Armed Ferret, but from his history on this board, I know enough that he's good to go.
    Reputation is everything, his is good in my book. Not the kind of guy to complain about something without good cause.

I don't think that's the issue wth most that responded. It was his attitude toward others regarding following up on the thread. I've seen other "drive by" posts get deleted and other members banned for similar behavior.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I must admit that sometimes I'm "dressed to the nines" when I go to the AGC at Marriottsville. When somebody ask's me "what army do you represent?", I usually say...The Salvation Army, cuz that's where I buy most of my BDU's; though I still don't have enough guts to pin a couple of dummy grenade's to my chest wear threads nor the putting of on any military helmets.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I joined something this year. Should I stay home and do nothing?

I'm saying some of you havent been around long enough to relive that some people here take some getting use to but will be some of the greatest sources of information and help you will ever find. AF with a few others single-handedly instructed what 30 + people how to make AK's so they could have them before Oct 1st. People need to realize some people talk like AF and if that makes them upset we need to grow some thicker skin its a rough world out there lol:D:D:D:D

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'm saying some of you havent been around long enough to relive that some people here take some getting use to but will be some of the greatest sources of information and help you will ever find. AF with a few others single-handedly instructed what 30 + people how to make AK's so they could have them before Oct 1st. People need to realize some people talk like AF and if that makes them upset we need to grow some thicker skin its a rough world out there lol:D:D:D:D

Some people take some getting used to, and some people you can never get used to. Thing is, when you need to have your real life buddies stick up for you on a chatboard, you might want to stop for a minute and think about what you are posting and how others might see it. Believe it or not, there are people that are great people in real life that just have no idea how to use a chatboard. They are used to a smile, slap on the back, etc. getting them through a conversation where something they say would normally be considered an insult. Meanwhile, posting the same thing on a chatboard results in a completely different reaction from the many that read it.

Then, you look at the person's caption under their screen name .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom