• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Guys,

Now that all your SBRs are banned, time to start looking into getting your first MG! Start by coming out and taking our qualification test! If you do nothing else, you will enjoy it!

If you have your own gun you want to qualify with, please bring the gun and 100+ rounds of ammo. If not please bring 100+rds of factory loaded 45ACP. We have a simple test that passes about 80+% of the shooters, many of which are first time shooters. Once you pass, you may shoot with us at any of the scheduled shoots. So if you interested in coming and qualifying please contact our coordinator Pat at class_III@associatedgunclubs.org

We have had lots of MDS people come out and we have not had a complaint yet! If you have never shot Full auto, don't be afraid, we talk you through it! We can help you find a MG to buy and fill out the paperwork involved.

If you have been putting it off, this is the last chance for several months! Stop putting it off and come on out! You will not regret it!

More info here:
    http://mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=92590

Our forum is here:
    http://mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Please ask as many questions as you would like!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Sorry guys, but I'm going to ask a potentially very stupid question. What is a machine gun qualification needed for? I bought my class III years ago, and I just wanted to make sure that there isn't a requirement that has snuck in on me for future purchases.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    It's an AGC range rule thing, you have to qualify to be able to shoot full automatic at the AGC. Maryland Thompson Collectors Club very generously donates their time, expertise and use of their guns to make this happens. My son and I did it in the spring and had a BLAST!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Thanks for clarifying.... I'm always paranoid that MD will slip in some new infringement while I'm sleeping.

For good reason but not in this case.

As an extra measure of safety we do restrict FA shooting to those that show a certain level of proficiency that is meant to weed out those who really can't safely handle the firearms.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I did this qualification this summer and it was fun and interesting. The Thompson Club guys are friendly and knowledgeable, and you get to shoot a machine gun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom