• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dick Chaney

May 5, 2013
    Love shooting my mach 2 but I cant find ammo. Is it that it hasn't been made for awhile or is it just gone forever? I cant see why this caliber never made it. Besides the price for the ammo I cant see why it never beat out the .22. If you see it please let me know.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I think the 17 mach 2 suffers from expense to manufacture without any significant gains over a .22LR. Sure, you get an extra 25 yards of effective use, but if that's your concern, most would go with a 17HMR or 22mag.

I think in the end, the 17 mach 2 is a solution in search of a problem. That being said, I think Hornady still makes the ammo.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The Mach 2 is a fantastic squirrel round. Hornady is the only one I know still making it. It's a shame Eley stopped. They were great.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I like the mach 2 quite a bit. Ammo is tough to find and have bought all I could afford when I could find it. I'm afraid this cartridge will have to be bought like that into the foreseeable future or you won't have any. As far as I know CCI is still making the mach 2 but I could be wrong.
    Man...that round will anchor a ground hog much better than a .22 at longer ranges!

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    DC...Curious what rifle(s) you have in 17 mach 2. All I have is two savages and they seem to shoot really well.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    DC...Curious what rifle(s) you have in 17 mach 2. All I have is two savages and they seem to shoot really well.

Good rifles. I have 2 CZ 452 Americans. Ones still NIB, the other shoots lights out. For reasonable priced guns the Savages and CZ have to be tops. I'm sure the Anschutzs probably do better. They should for 1K+

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Dick Chaney where are you located? Locally some of the small shops seem to sometimes have mach 2 in stock, but expect$$.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I bought my son a Chipmonk in 17M2 and it shoots pretty good for a inexpensive rifle, a few years ago Midway would put Eley on sale for 3.99 a box and I bought a case. I believe Hornady and CCI still make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom