• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Fulton Armory is also showing that they have M-14 receivers in stock. For anyone that may be looking for an M14 type rifle, if you happen to be a little short on cash and want to buy a receiver to build later, that is an option as well. I have no financial interest in Fulton, but in these times when we are all trying to buy what we can while we can in case things don't break our way, this is one more option, and a cheaper one at that.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Original find is to newbie Chevy9900 who actually PMed me and was like "hey, check this out" I ordered the cheapest one :( Composite stock, standard. Further reading makes me just fine with that.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    We got the same model. I figure I'll change the stock and do anything else I want to it later, so cheapest model was fine with me.

Larry

What I read this one is more of a shooter's model whereas the others are more competitive based...I want something I can bust zombies with at 600-1000 yards, figure this will be a good start :)

midboat

Jan 23, 2013
    awesome find.... sadly I don't think my $$ is going to allow for another one while I'm working on this AR build.... when i first started looking at rifles, I had 3 in mind. AR, M1 Garand, and M14.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    Welcome to the M1A club. I love mine. First rifle I ever picked up. Got a decent deal on an SA wood stocked stainless loaded model for $1400. I need to go out and shoot it more. It's been a while.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Bought and paid Thursday, PMed Pirate at The Gun Shop for the xfer, he took care of it ASAP, rifle shipped Friday, expect it there Monday. w00t!

ZX672

Feb 21, 2010
    Olney
    I got a Standard M1A last week for 1399.00 and was at my FFL in 3 days. Overpriced, but free shipping and no sales tax, I figured it was a decent deal in today's climate. Trying to decide which scope mount to buy (Sadlak, Burris, or ARMS). I had no idea the M14/M1A community has such a huge following.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I didnt know you could get a composite stock m1a for ar money! Damnit! Add that to my possible trade list! Especially since its a springfield

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I went with an ARMS #18 three point mount and really like it. The Springfield mount blows like Monica.

Whichever mount you buy, make sure you don't over torque the bolt that goes into the receiver. :rolleyes:

6672DBE2-C74E-4757-9E0B-949AF84403A8-12848-00001D873A5EA264_zps7cd83509.jpg

ZX672

Feb 21, 2010
    Olney
    Thanks for your recommendation, your rifle looks awesome. I am leaning towards the ARMS mount and rings. However I have heard of some issues with ejection and some Springfield receivers not being 100% mil spec. Was this common with older Springfield receivers or is it luck of the draw?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I got a Standard M1A last week for 1399.00 and was at my FFL in 3 days. Overpriced, but free shipping and no sales tax, I figured it was a decent deal in today's climate. Trying to decide which scope mount to buy (Sadlak, Burris, or ARMS). I had no idea the M14/M1A community has such a huge following.

I went with a different chassis as my answer to the scope mounting issue, and I couldn't be happier, as it tightened up the whole gun and allowed me to tune the action for accuracy by locking down the barrel and gas system.

$1399 M1A <- this is a great deal.
    $500 Troy Chassis
    $200 MagPul PRS

It's a little pricey and not as light as the composite stock, but it flat works.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'd love to have one of those, but not a good idea for me as a practical matter. Nowhere I can shoot it, except Elk Neck. I hate shooting rifles there. Too much work, having to build a damn target stand and all that.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I'd love to have one of those, but not a good idea for me as a practical matter. Nowhere I can shoot it, except Elk Neck. I hate shooting rifles there. Too much work, having to build a damn target stand and all that.

Not to mention all the idiots on the line unless you go mid week...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom