• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Two questions.

I need a cheek riser for my M1A for scoped shooting. I'm using a SA 4gen mount with low rings. I've seen several kinds of risers on the market.
    What do you guys use?

I'm also looking at Turner Saddlery NM Shooting Slings. What length is good for a M1A? They come in 50, 52, 54, 56 and 58 inches.
    What material (leather, biothane) is better and why?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    SLing. I like Leather Military Slings.

Cheekrest:

This:

http://www.desertwarriorproducts.com/M1A-M14CheekRest.html

Sling_Shot_Rear_a_revised-480x233.jpg

Parts_Kit-364x289.jpg

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Get the leather sling from Turners I have few they are great . I have one of the all weather ones as well they are nice but stiff as hell and i had to hang it outside to get the chemical smell off of it for 2 days. I cant remember what lenght is on the M1A but when you call and order just ask they will tell you what will be best for you .

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    SLing. I like Leather Military Slings.

Cheekrest:

This:

YIKES! Sorry, I should have specified I don't want to modify the original stock at all. If I ever find a beater wood stock to use, I'd go that route. It does look sturdy. I'm looking more at the "bag" padded-type type risers.

Yeah, I like the look and feel of the leather slings. I hear these are easier to get in and out of during matches also. Def leaning that way.:thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    YIKES! Sorry, I should have specified I don't want to modify the original stock at all. If I ever find a beater wood stock to use, I'd go that route. It does look sturdy. I'm looking more at the "bag" padded-type type risers.

Yeah, I like the look and feel of the leather slings. I hear these are easier to get in and out of during matches also. Def leaning that way.:thumbsup:

The soft ones leave alot to be desired and are mushy. Its like resting your face on a clean shaven nutsack.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Thanks to Drmsparks and Inigoes, I now have a new (to me) M14 stock.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just waiting for my Harris bipod and the DWP cheek rest that Chad suggested to arrive, then I'll be set.:)

Here's what I've got so far:

M1A sept 2011 006.jpg

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    On Chads's suggestion I purchased the DWP cheek rest. It seems solid and mounted easily. Made from some sort of PVC type material and the knurled knobs are machined steel from the feel of them.

It brings me right up to where I need to be and dropped down to it's full travel, the irons line up nicely. I was concerned about that, but it's definitely not an issue.

I'm pleased with the purchase and can't wait to get it out and see how it does.:D

The shipping was incredibly fast considering they're in CA and it shipped USPS. Took 3 days from mouse click to arrival.:thumbsup:
    The bipod is a different story. It will be drop shipped from their supplier, whoever that is.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom